5. the one where they actually talk to each other

Prince entered hesitantly. Despite Anxiety's reassurances, he still felt like he was trespassing.

As he stepped inside, he blinked at the sudden light change. The outside corridor was brightly lit and painted in extravagant colours. Anxiety's room, however, had a monochrome theme and all the lights were turned off. It was almost as if though the corridor's warmth only goes as far as Anxiety's doorway.

Prince quickly found the light switch and turned it on, swamping room with brightness. He saw that unlike the rest of the sides' rooms, Anxiety's only had the bare minimum – a bed, desk, chair, television and... a piano? Well, it was a keyboard, but still.

"I didn't know you could play," Prince murmured, finally spotting Anxiety curled up on his bed.

"Well, I can. Very badly," he replied, rolling over slightly to face Prince and putting down his phone. Prince winced at how quiet it was.

"I'm sure you're much more talented than I could ever hope to be. Perhaps you could play it for me one time?" He asked hopefully.

"If I ever get out of my bed, sure." Sarcasm dripped in Anxiety's tone, making his words bitter and harsh on himself. Prince didn't like that.

"What's wrong?"

Anxiety shrugged, dropping his gaze. He didn't seem to want to talk about it. Whatever it was.

"Don't know. Everything?" He sounded so bleak that Prince wanted to give him a big hug and never let go, even if that was more of Morality's thing. "Do you ever have those days where you physically can't get out of bed because you just don't see the point?" Anxiety sighed again. "Sorry, forget I said that."

Prince frowned. "Is it because of what Logic said yesterday?" Seeing the guy tense up answered his question. "Anxiety, you know he didn't mean to hurt you. And I promise we don't hate you. In fact, we miss you. We want our fellow personality back. Sure, a lot of the times we disagree with a few of your... bleaker opinions, but we never want you to feel bad! I don't want you to feel bad!"

Prince held his breath once he was finished. Anxiety still hadn't said anything, most likely processing everything he had just heard.

"Didn't know you cared that much, Princey," he teased, voice cracking and soft. It was nothing like the regular Anxiety, but Prince was happy to hear it all the same.

"Who ever said I did?" he teased back. He took it as a good sign when Anxiety looked up at him and grinned.

"Pretty sure you just did."

"Maybe you're hearing things."

"Or maybe," Anxiety started with a smirk, "you don't hate me as much as you claim."

"That's... a valid possibility," Prince conceded. He was now walking over to sit next to Anxiety, making him uncurl and scoot over. He looked around until he spotted the TV remote on the floor next to the bed and leant down to pick it up. He got an idea.

"This is my bed you're on. You should be the one moving," Anxiety grumbled as he shifted into an upright position.

"Yes, but I've decided that we're going to watch some Disney, and we can't do that if we you're taking up the entire sitting space!" Prince declared, turning on the TV.

"Why?"

"Because Disney is the answer to everyone's problems."

"Really? Last time I checked, watching Disney doesn't cure world hunger, bring world peace or-" Anxiety was cut off by Prince's hand.

"Shut up and watch a movie with me."

"...Fine. Only because I know you'll annoy me until I do."

"You know me so well!" Prince shot Anxiety a huge smile, which was hesitantly returned. "Now let the magic of Disney wash over you!"

Anxiety snorted, but turned towards the screen anyway.

(And if at the end of the movie, both were cuddled up next to each other, fast asleep, well, who was going to find out?)

-

A/N I'm going to try to make it so that every fifth chapter is a non-chat. Hope you enjoyed!