23. the one where dad gives advice

princey👑 and Hi I'm Dad🦋.

princey👑: I need some advice. Don't tell anyone I said that.

Hi I'm Dad🦋: well of course! what can i do for you?

princey👑: It's about... Anxiety.

Hi I'm Dad🦋: is he alright?? if it's about him getting mad at you for saying that stuff about me, I'm sure he doesn't mind!!

princey👑: No, not that. And I'm sorry again for my inconsiderate actions.

Hi I'm Dad🦋: I honestly don't mind, kiddo!! so what's up?

princey👑: You have to promise you won't tell anyone.

Hi I'm Dad🦋: I promise!!! you can trust me!!

princey👑: Do you swear on your life?

Hi I'm Dad🦋: that's a little drastic lol, but sure!!

princey👑: Well... I have no idea what I'm feeling. It's not how it usually is.

Hi I'm Dad🦋: how what is??

princey👑: So he and I are friends, right?

Hi I'm Dad🦋: yes?

princey👑: And how do you feel around friends??

Hi I'm Dad🦋: well it depends. Logic makes me laugh a lot so really happy, you make me happy but not exactly humorous happy, and anxiety makes me worried but happy when he's smiling!! it's different kinds of happiness.

princey👑: That's my problem! I've experienced all of those types before, yet this happiness I'm feeling is completely different! It's indescribable.

princey👑: It's... it's adrenaline coursing through my veins making my heart pound - but Anxiety is not an enemy so I have no idea why I have this fight or flight response. It makes me breathless and giggly when he's around and I swear that I usually hate his jokes! He makes my cheeks flame yet I'm not embarrassed - I'm never embarrassed! So what could it be?

Hi I'm Dad🦋: that's a lot to take in...

princey👑: You don't know?

Hi I'm Dad🦋: I never said that!! I just don't think that it's the right thing to say right now...

princey👑: What ever do you mean?

Hi I'm Dad🦋: Prince, I need you to be 100% honest with me. Would you ever hurt Anxiety?

princey👑: Not unless he turns into this magnificent beast hellbent on destroying the world.

Hi I'm Dad🦋: be reasonable. would you??

princey👑: ...No. Even if he did do that, I don't think I could force myself to even think of hurting him.

Hi I'm Dad🦋: good. don't do anything rash because Anxiety, no matter how hard he tries to hide it, is sensitive and needs people to be kind and patient. sometimes he's vicious to everyone out of self-defence. if you react to that in any way he sees as ill-intent...

Hi I'm Dad🦋: it'll be like the day he locked himself in his room but worse because he won't let anyone help him. he'd think that he doesn't deserve help. so you have to promise me.

princey👑: I promise. Random question - how do you know him so well?

Hi I'm Dad🦋: from when he was basically under my wing, of course!

princey👑: Makes sense... Anyways, you said you have an answer?

Hi I'm Dad🦋: I do. I could be wrong - I'm not Logic, after all - but I think that you... like him.

princey👑: Of course I like him! He's my friend!

Hi I'm Dad🦋: no, as in "like like"!

princey👑: Logic would be absolutely frustrated if he saw that.

princey👑: And how could I like Anxiety in that way?! He's rude and arrogant, even though he's shown me that sometimes he can be sweet, funny and kind and-

Hi I'm Dad🦋: aw!

princey👑: Maybe you're right... But what do I do about it?

Hi I'm Dad🦋: you know him better than me! what would you do usually?

princey👑: To woo any royal's heart, I would only but risk my life to defeat their own dragon witch!

princey👑: Except, uh, I don't think Anxiety has a dragon witch troubling him.

Hi I'm Dad🦋: you can still protect him. and that's what he needs sometimes - protection.

princey👑: Protection from what? He did say once when I asked him if he had been captured by one of his enemies "something like that". I had always been curious about that message. Do you have any clue to what he meant?

Hi I'm Dad🦋: yes, but I think it's something you're better off finding out from him.

princey👑: At least give me a hint!

Hi I'm Dad🦋: if someone else did the journey for you to get to a young royal, would they think your efforts to be sincere?

princey👑: Of course not!

princey👑: Oh, I see what you're trying to say.

Hi I'm Dad🦋: that's why you shouldn't ask the others. perhaps Anxiety doesn't want to admit that something's wrong?

princey👑: Anxiety NEVER admits that something's wrong.

Hi I'm Dad🦋: exactly!! you go, tiger!

princey👑: What did I do?

princey👑: Was that a hint?

princey👑: WAS IT???

-

A/N Hopeless Prince... I've decided that either on the next non-chat chapter or the one after that, I'll post the description to my new Prinxiety book in the A/N and hopefully publish the first chapter the same day!