15. the one where logic is not an ass and anxiety is a cliche

Anxiety spread his arms out, standing tall as opposed to his usual hunched-over position. Rain splashed on his face and dripped down his shirt, hoodie abandoned somewhere nearby. He laughed aloud, happy and joyful, nothing like his usual snarky self.

When Logic told them that it was raining, Anxiety had scrambled up and left his phone on his bed. He didn't think that anybody would be too worried, so he exited his room and appeared outside. The sky was grey, almost black, and the world around him seemed darker, newer, like it was being washed. And the smell... The smell was indescribable. The thing about him that not many people knew was that he loved the rain. Anxiety didn't know why – he just did.

So now he stood there, eyes closed, face tilted upwards as he enjoyed the droplets falling on and around him. Or at least, that's what he was doing. He frowned and opened his eyes when he was no longer getting rained on. He could still hear it, but why wasn't he feeling it?

"You know, they're looking for you," said Logic, who was staring straight ahead and holding an umbrella up over both of them. Anxiety didn't hear him approach, and jumped slightly.

"I suppose you're here to tell me to go inside before I catch a cold or pneumonia or something," Anxiety sighed, preparing himself for the speech. He didn't want to go inside yet.

"Not at all. Recent studies have found that standing in the rain is most likely not a direct cause of sickness, but rather the coincidental fact that more people are indoors for longer periods of time, which spreads diseases," Logic corrected. "Besides, it has been theorised that rain improves a person's mood, although I haven't gathered sufficient enough data to draw an accurate conclusion."

Anxiety shrugged. "Pluviophile," he muttered.

"What?" Logic turned to face him.

"Pluviophile – someone who likes rain," he clarified nonchalantly.

"Huh," Logic seemed surprised. "I... didn't know the word for that." He frowned to himself.

Instead of teasing him like he usually would, Anxiety decided to cut the guy a break. "One time I was bored and so I just wanted to know if there was a word for that. Don't worry, you still know a lot more than I do."

Logic was silent after that, but Anxiety could sense he was happy. At least, he hoped Logic was happy. He really didn't like it when people were upset around him, because his, well, anxiety always made it feel as if though it was directed at him.

"I should probably tell them where I am," he sighed after a while.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself out here. I doubt you have your phone, so do you want me to let them know?" Logic asked.

Anxiety nodded and was handed the umbrella Logic was holding. Soon Logan was gone, and it was just him and the rain again.

His thoughts swirled around in his mind. He doubted if one of the others found him out here, they'd let him stay out here. It wasn't that they didn't want him to enjoy himself, Anxiety knew that much, it was just that they all worried too much. Logic got it – and wasn't that an odd concept? Logic letting him be.

Anxiety chastised himself. Logan had been much better recently. It was... nice.

Allowing a small smile, Anxiety shook his head to clear his thoughts and closed up the umbrella. He put it on the front steps, making sure it was wrapped up and secure. Going back into the full force of the rain, he started humming a song.

Anxiety couldn't help it. Maybe it was because the all-surrounding noise of rain and distant thunder provided a sense of privacy – despite being in the middle of the street.

Once he started humming, he couldn't stop himself from singing the lyrics he knew well.

" I am scared to say I miss you,

Last time I had you I should've kissed you,

These feelings fester up inside,

But how could I deny these butterflies? "

Anxiety's voice grew louder, more confident. He didn't know why he was singing this song exactly, and usually it made him sad, but this time... This time he let images of red, gold and white circle in his head, never forming a proper, comprehensive thought.

" I hope I'm not stuck on your waiting list,

'Cause I dream of you in colours that don't exist,

And I think it's high time for you to know... "

He took a deep breath. Before he could begin the chorus, however, someone else interrupted him.

"You really are good at singing, you know."

Anxiety spun around, startled. It was Prince. "What are you doing out here?" he asked defensively. Nobody was supposed to hear that.

"Looking for you, of course," Prince replied, as if it was the most normal thing in the world to be standing out in the rain having a casual conversation.

Speaking of, Anxiety wondered why Prince even wanted to come out here in the first place. Being a prince, he usually didn't like his hair being messed up.

"Well, you found me," Anxiety said. Prince stood next to him under the umbrella.

"For someone who claims he hates most things, I would've thought you hated clichés, too," he commented.

Anxiety quirked an eyebrow. "I do, why?"

"You were singing in the rain," Prince replied, and Anxiety cursed himself when he realised that that was a cliché. "What song were you singing? I don't believe I've heard of it."

"Your music taste is extremely different from mine, Princey-"

"It's Roman."

"What?" Anxiety asked, bewildered.

"My name. It's Roman," Prince- Roman clarified.

Anxiety mulled this over. "Oh," he groaned, "as in romance."

"Yep!" Roman grinned.

"I bet Morality was happy when he found that out," he muttered to himself.

"He was over the moon! Anyway, you never answered my question. What song were you singing?"

Anxiety shrugged. "It's by Dandelion Hands. Uh, it was 'I like you'."

"That's," Prince began, "absolutely romantic!"

Anxiety groaned and shoved him away, enjoying watching him get soaked. "Shut up and stand in the rain with me," he grumbled. "Logic was way better at not talking."

"I can also not talk!" Prince claimed indignantly.

"Of course, Princey." Roman glared at him. "What? Just because I know your actual name doesn't mean I'm giving up Princey!"

"Fine, edgy emo."

Anxiety gasped. "You take that back!"

-

A/N I was waiting for Thomas to upload just in case there was a new name revealed and there was! (Roman, though? Romance??? Really???) 

That's actually a lie. I was going to write the last part as something else but then I found out Prince's name was Roman and I just had to. That idea is definitely going in another chapter!

Also, GO CHECK OUT DANDELION HANDS. (Question: does the song remind you of anyone? It does for me... *awkward cough*)

@burnsy-the-kitten and @Phanfan_ were right when they guessed yesterday on where Anxiety was!