18. the one where logic and anxiety don't fight

Logically Thinking and emo nightmare😈.

Logically Thinking: Let me ask straight off the bat to avoid confusion.

Logically Thinking: What's going on?

emo nightmare😈: what, no scathing remark? seems like you've truly lost your edge.

Logically Thinking: Play nice.

emo nightmare😈: fine. what do you want?

Logically Thinking: First of all, where were you today?

emo nightmare😈: in my room. duh.

Logically Thinking: I suppose that one was obvious. Well, then why didn't you respond to Morality when he tried to check up on you?

emo nightmare😈: didn't feel like it.

Logically Thinking: Why?

emo nightmare😈: for someone who claims to be the smartest out of all of us, you really have no idea.

Logically Thinking: That's uncalled for.

emo nightmare😈: i've explained it to princey before - it's how i work. anxiety, remember? some days i can't be bothered to humour morality's "concern".

Logically Thinking: He does care. Why would you put quotation marks around that?

Logically Thinking: ...You do know that, right?

emo nightmare😈: ehhh.

Logically Thinking: It's true. If anything, Morality cares too much about everyone, much like you.

emo nightmare😈: since when have i ever cared about anyone?

Logically Thinking: Since the day you calmed me down when I was stressed. Since the day when you "anonymously" left little Disney quotes for Prince to find when he was having a rough day. Since just before, when you defended Morality.

emo nightmare😈: well, obviously i was gonna defend him.

Logically Thinking: You say obviously and yet none of us thought to do so.

emo nightmare😈: it's like how you don't like your mistakes being flaunted. morality doesn't like being called an idiot or people saying he "won't/can't understand". prince doesn't like it when people talk over him or ignore him. i know what makes people tick.

Logically Thinking: You would, wouldn't you? Well in that case, thank you for looking out for us all.

emo nightmare😈: it's my job.

Logically Thinking: That still doesn't mean we shouldn't thank you.

emo nightmare😈: i do the bare minimum - and i screw up more than the rest of you combined.

Logically Thinking: Only because you overthink. And that's alright. We all do that sometimes.

emo nightmare😈: yeah but consequently i cause thomas to overthink and he hates me.

Logically Thinking: Not a single one of us hates you.

emo nightmare😈: sure, tell that to prince after what i said today. tell that to thomas after every time i keep him up late worrying over things that have no affect on his life. tell that to morality after i tease him incessantly about his mistakes.

Logically Thinking: They're worried about you. They don't care what you said. I know that for a fact.

emo nightmare😈: but why?

Logically Thinking: Human emotions are still a mystery to me. I figure it's because we all consider you our friend. We remember the things you did for us - the things no one else would think to do. We need you, Anxiety.

emo nightmare😈: no need to get sappy on me now.

Logically Thinking: You're right, that was uncharacteristically feeling-filled for me. I guess I've been spending too much time around Morality.

emo nightmare😈: is that why you've been making dad jokes a lot recently?

Logically Thinking: That's the only explanation.

emo nightmare😈: or maybe you secretly like them.

Logically Thinking: I'd never. Saying that is slanderous.

emo nightmare😈: alright, alright, then i won't say that maybe it's because you secretly like seeing him happy.

Logically Thinking: That was contradictory. And a false accusation.

emo nightmare😈: ah but logic, you see, that's just the thing. i said "i won't say", and so i typed.

Logically Thinking: ...Am I as annoying as that when I correct you guys?

emo nightmare😈: bingo.

emo nightmare😈: but it's just another one of your quirks we've grown to reluctantly tolerate.

Logically Thinking: Why thank you.

Logically Thinking: Maybe Morality and Thomas weren't so far off the mark when they said we'd make excellent friends?

emo nightmare😈: baby steps, logan, baby steps.

Logically Thinking: Oh thank god. Committing to maintaining friendships is hard.

emo nightmare😈: ain't that the truth.

Logically Thinking: Now that it's been pointed out, I can see we really do agree a lot...

emo nightmare😈: semi-truce?

Logically Thinking: I don't see why not.

emo nightmare😈: just be prepared for texts in the middle of the night talking about how we'll never truly know everything and that much of our everyday things are human concepts.

Logically Thinking: Oh, I'd love to hear about that actually. Everyone else says it's "too dark" to talk about.

emo nightmare😈: welcome to my world.

Logically Thinking: No offense, but I did not think that you'd end up being my intellectual debate partner.

emo nightmare😈: none taken.

-

A/N Ten days of Chat! Well, in four hours it'll be ten days of Chat... Thank you all for the huge support I've been getting!

Anyways, who's excited for the introduction of Misleading Compliments and Pranks? I may put them in chapters every now and then to lighten the mood. Thoughts?