-Prologue-

Achieving Unbroken
Prologue

"I just want to feel something again, can I finally feel something again?"
Sober Up | AJR

Jason Oakland is not broken.

Most people say he is, after the accident, but he would strongly disagree. If you wanted his opinion, he'd say he is cracked.

It's just a crack. It's fixable. No worries, guys.

But despite the denial, everyone still calls him broken.

He's broken, you know that. Stop trying to fix him, he is broken. He is broken beyond repair.

In fact, he has had to hear that word so much he is almost convinced that he is just a little more cracked than he thought he was. That it is not just a crack anymore, but there are many cracks, all over, and even the slightest of touches will break him into a million pieces.

Jason was not always brok— cracked. He used to be whole, strong, bright and lively and everyone loved being around him.

Everyone loved him.

He had the friends, the respect of all of his peers and teachers, and while no one knew much about his family, they just assumed his home life was as perfect as he is.

Perfect. A word that he used to hear describe him so much, that it defined him. Then broken came along, and when something is broken, it sure as hell is not perfect anymore.

It's funny, to him at least, how two words on totally opposite ends of the spectrum can be used to describe something or someone so quickly. But then, he thinks, it only takes a second for a vase to shatter. And it only took a second, two words, that changed him from perfect to broken.

"No pulse."

So maybe he doesn't have the friends anymore, and the respect of his peers and teachers. Maybe his new word is broken, no matter how hard he tries to say he's cracked.

He's just cracked, everyone, so leave him alone.

He just needs to be repaired. Filled in. Polished. Whatever you want to call it, he tries to say it's repairable, and even though he knows it's not, he hates the word broken.

That being said, he misses it all too well. He misses perfect. He had great friends, friends that he pushed away and did everything he could to get them away from him, because while cracked isn't broken, cracked is still damaged. And no one could seem to stop treating him like a damaged thing.

The problem is, he has no idea how to do it alone. No clue where he would start.

Until a bottle of glue noticed that he wanted to be fixed, and gives him the repair he didn't know he could have.