-Chapter 4-

Achieving Unbroken
Chapter Four

"I woke up pissed off today, and lately everyone feels fake."
There For You | Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan

Jason
[Monday, April 24th, 2018 - Two Weeks Ago]

"Mr. Oakland, thank you for coming to meet with me. I just wanted to have you and your son here so we could have a quick discussion about his behavior lately, including the little show he put on out in the quad today."

"Mr. Kinley, I'm so sorry about the little act my son put on. I don't know what's gotten into him lately, but my family and I appreciate your cooperation with this situation."

Bull. Shit. You know what's going on, everyone does, and you haven't been a ray of sunshine either. So back off.

"Of course, Mr. Oakland. Our students are our number one priority at Bringham, and we will do whatever we can to help the situation. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to bring Jason in so we can discuss this together."

I hear footsteps coming towards the door to Mr. Kinley's office, and soon enough he opens the door and uses his hand to beckon me inside the room. I grudgingly get up out of my chair and sit in the chair next to my father.

"So, Jason, I would like to get your point of view on the confrontation that you and Mr. Fields had earlier today during lunch, and discuss the consequences that come with the violent actions you both took against each other. Now, I've already had private discussions with some of the witnesses, Fields' friends, Miss Harris, Charlie himself---"

"Wait, you talked to all of those people already?" Kinley just nods, and gestures for me to give my side of the story. I roll my eyes at his lack of response, and start.

"Well, I was going to a picnic table near the back of campus, and bumped into him on my way. I kept walking, and he made this comment... And it just set me off. I played his little game, and it's my fault for doing that, and he kept saying things, and..." Both the principal and my dad look at me expectantly, like an English teacher when you don't say a complete sentence. "They can't disrespect him like that," I whisper, insanely quiet. They don't hear.

"What was that, Jason?" My dad asks. I look up at him, and hate rises in me, looking at all of the fake concern he's put on his face for Mr. Kinley.

"Nothing. Just got upset."

Kinley doesn't look convinced.

"Is it true that he made comments about your br---"

"They can't disrespect him like that," I say, much louder. The sad, sympathetic look is on my dad's face again.

"Son, I think---"

"You would've done worse if you heard him." I snap, glaring at my father. Looking back at Kinley, I try and focus back on what we're here for. "What's the punishment?"