-Chapter 36-

Achieving Unbroken
Chapter Thirty Six

"She could set Brooklyn on fire,
(When you're misunderstood)
That red eye passion inside, but girl you look so good"
Brooklyn | Gatsby

Lilla
[Wednesday, July 28th, 2018]

"If Vince invited her, I'm gonna kill him. No hesitation. If she's there when we walk in, I'm taking him down. That's it. This could be the last day of this life."

"What?"

My eyes are trained on the car that is parked among a mess of other vehicles in Vince's house. It's Bianca's car, and last time I checked, Bianca wasn't invited. Bianca hasn't hung out with us in a long time. Bianca decided to make herself look like a dick.

So why would she be here?

Please, God, if you're out there; your girl could seriously use some help right about now.

"Bianca, the girl who blamed you for the fight. " I point out to Jason, finally relieving the heavily confused facial expression he was wearing.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

We stay quiet for a few seconds as Jason pulls in and puts the car in park. Trying to distract myself from whatever storm was in my future, I gaze out the window at the overcast sky, the tall trees that are stuck in a wind blown position. The clicking of a seatbelt makes me look back at Jason.

"Well," he starts, "if, by some crazy chance, she's here, then we will just avoid her. It's not like I'm really her biggest fan either, and I doubt that Piper will wanna be around her either." Looking him up and down, expressionless, I exhale sharply through my nose.

"You're right."

"Of course I am." Jason reaches over and unbuckles my seatbelt for me, quickly after jumping out of the car and going around to the trunk. I mimic him, but I pause for a moment; feeling the chill of the air brush over my face and run through my hair, the refreshing salty smell, the roar of the ocean so close. My mouth relaxes into a grin, and I open the back seat door and grab his little duffel bag.

"What're you doing?" Jason asks suspiciously when he sees me sling the luggage over my shoulder. I shrug.

"You're carrying my bags, I'm returning the favor."

Laughter bursts out of him, and he throws his head back, shaking it as he calms down.

"You are something else." Before I can let out another teasing remark, the door to the house opens and closes, getting our attention.

"Finally!" Piper yells from the porch. "The couple of the hour! We've been waiting for you!"

"We're fashionably late," I exclaim in response. As Jason and I approach the porch, our voices return to a normal volume.