-Chapter 37-

Achieving Unbroken
Chapter Thirty Seven

"Dancing on the line of a dangerous love,
You could break me overnight
But there's no one like us"
Good Girls | LANY

Jason
[Wednesday, July 28th, 2018 - 11:46 PM]

This dream is significantly different than the ones I'm used to.

Joey isn't here. I'm not at the party, I'm not in the bathroom, I'm not falling onto my knees in the front lawn and I'm certainly not sitting in an ambulance while I hold my brother's hand for dear life. There's no tears, no screams, no distress. No sirens echoing my ears that drown out my peers' gossiping voices and nervous tones. I don't even feel sad, or angry, or like my heart could stop beating right along with Joey's.

I feel alive.

From what I note around me, I'm in my bedroom, which has a golden glow illuminated throughout.

Correction: We are in my bedroom. Lilla is here too, wearing... One of my t-shirts? Looking down at myself for the first time, I realize that I'm just wearing boxers.

This is the moment where I detect the dangerous territory that this dream is wandering in. But I'm not consciously in control here, I can't just wake myself up before something happens that I can't take back.

As I sit on my bed, I just watch Lilla rummaging through my dresser drawers and closet.

"I really have to start leaving clothes here," she huffs, and my face stretches into a grin without hesitation. I feel my body pick up and legs start to walk towards her. On autopilot, my arms wind around her stomach, pulling her close against my chest.

"Why? You look so good in mine," I mumble into her hair. She giggles, high pitched and dreamy, leaning her head back onto my shoulder.

"Mm, but it's getting increasingly uncomfortable to walk around in front of your family without clothes of my own."

"Don't worry about my family, they love you." I press a kiss to the side of her head. "Aren't you more worried about wearing my clothes in front of your parents?"

She shrugs under me, resting her arms on top of mine and letting herself fully relax.

"They don't care. They are fully aware of how often I wear your clothes; after every load of laundry they hand me a stack of folded clothing and tell me to drive to your house and bring it back to you."

"That's a flawed system. Every time you come over to return clothes, you stay for hours and leave with more clothes."

"I know."

"Then why don't you change it?"

"And stop getting an excuse to come over as much as I do? Never." The smile that she turns around and gives me is blinding as her arms wrap around my neck, pulling me in towards her.