-Chapter 45-

Achieving Unbroken
Chapter Forty Five

"And all the kings horses and all the kings men,
Couldn't put me together again
'Cause all of my enemies started out friends"
The Archer | Taylor Swift

Lilla
[Wednesday, August 4th, 2018]

Allison: Hey Lil. You're probably busy but if you're not, could we just meet for coffee? I really would like to talk to you.

Fuck. How did I forget about this? I still kind of want to hear her out.

But I can't let her know that so easily.

Me: What about Piper? You wanted to talk to her, too.

Allison: She's busy, her and I are going to meet tomorrow.

Allison: Please, Lilla.

Me: ... I have dinner plans, so don't think this is gonna turn into a girls day.

Allison: I don't expect anything. I'm just asking for a cup of coffee.

Me: I'll see you at 1. Usual Starbucks.

"Okay," I say to myself, glancing down at my pajamas and thinking about how bad my morning breath probably smells. Pushing off on my arms, I stand up from my seated position on my bed.

I quickly go through my closet to find something to wear; coming up with a crop top and high waisted sweat pants. I spend a little over 30 minutes in my bathroom tying my hair into a topknot, brushing my teeth, washing my face, and applying a layer of eyeliner and many layers of mascara.

The clock now says 12:48, which is perfect timing, because it takes me about ten minutes to reach the Starbucks that Allison and I are meeting at. Grabbing my purse, I walk out the door, planning on being back before my dad gets back from his appointment with a client.

Ally is already there when I get to the coffee shop, just sitting at a table, no coffee. Her gaze lifts from her lap and lands on me.

"Hey, Lilla," she says quietly.

"Hi Allison."

"I hope you don't mind, I ordered your coffee for you. Your order hasn't changed, right?"

Taken aback, I shake my head.

"Nope. It's the same."

We sit in tense silence for the next few moments, until the barista calls her name. Allison scoots her chair back, but I put my hand up, indicating for to not get up. Instead, I do; bringing her her coffee before getting mine and preparing it how I like. If Allison ordered her usual too, she doesn't need to prepare it.

If she was kind enough to order my coffee, I could at least bring her her own.

"Thanks, Lil."