-Chapter 54-

Achieving Unbroken
Chapter Fifty Four

"Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place
Where as a child I'd hide
And pray for the thunder
And the rain
To quietly pass me by"
Sweet Child O' Mine | Guns N' Roses

Lilla
[Saturday, December 22nd, 2018 - 7:03 AM]

Have you ever woken up in the morning with little to no idea of where you are?

Yeah! Me neither. This is my first time.

And, I mean, I'm not out of it for long. Eventually I put it together; the familiarity of the blue walls, the smell of the same fabric softener that is on all of Jason's clothes, and then, of course, the object of all my affection, Jason himself.

The second thing that hits me besides the whole oh my god I'm in Jason's room and in Jason's bed thing is the oh my god does my mom even know where I am panic.

My phone, on the table beside me, does not have the light flashing to alert me of my notifications. So, to investigate further, I open it to see that the last text conversation with my mom went down like this:

Me: Hey Jason and I are SUPER tired so would you mind if I just stayed the night with him and then came home in the morning?? Stephen and Penelope gave it the O.K.

Mom: Do it! Thank you for checking in, just text me when you're up and at em tomorrow morning. Love you!

Me: Thanks mom! Love you too!

Oh. Well. I already covered my ass. And, according to my phone, it's only 7 AM, so there's no way Mom is expecting me to be up yet—which means I have time to fully embrace and relish in the fact that I am sharing a bed with Jason. I'm oddly comfortable too...

Shit! I'm wearing his clothes, too? God, universe, why would you put me in this situation? Tempt me with something I want really freaking badly?

Maybe he's still asleep. It looks like he is, so if I could just scoot a little... Towards him... And then play it off when he wakes up like I just did it in my sleep without knowing...

Yeah, that would totally work, right?

Deciding to throw caution to the wind, like I seem to have been doing ever since this whole thing with Jason, I shift millimeter by millimeter in his direction where he is sleeping on his back. The arm closest to me is tucked under the covers and laying by his side, so I just scoot until my legs are brushing up against his and my front  is barely making contact with his arm. I don't drape myself across him or anything, but instead admire the view like a total stalker; and take special notice of how at peace he looks in his sleep. It's like the night we accidentally spent in my car. Or the night after he told me what happened to Joey.

Well damn. When I think about it, sharing a bed with Jason apparently is nothing monumental, huh?

When this idea hits, it is instantly interrupted by the arm next to me lifting itself from under the sheets and landing around my shoulders. It pushes me towards Jason and now I am completely pressed against him, and kind of embarrassed that he's been awake this whole time.