-Chapter 30-

Achieving Unbroken
Chapter Thirty

"You're the spark that makes my heart burn brighter,
I would walk through fire for you"
For You | The Vamps

Lilla
[Thursday, June 31st, 2018]

I've been pacing around my bedroom for 10 minutes now.

Jason had football tryouts Tuesday and yesterday, and Coach Jenson said that they would get back to all of the people who made the team by 4 PM today. If you don't get an email, you aren't on the team. It's that simple.

Right now, it is 3:49 PM and I have been spamming Jason like crazy.

Me: Have you gotten the email?

Jace: You say "the email" like I'm guaranteed to make the team.

Me: You made varsity as a sophomore. That's not normal.

Jace: So?

Me: SO he knows what it's like to work with you and overall he knows your potential. Knowing Coach Jenson, he won't pass up an opportunity to make you a football star this season.

Jace: "Knowing Coach Jenson"?

Me: His daughter Jenna is an up-and-coming drama kid. He shows us lots of support. He's chill.

Jace: lol ok

Me: But stop avoiding the subject! You've got to make the team and if you don't then Jenson's gonna be hearing from me.

Me: ... Email?

I check the time in the corner of my phone. 3:51 PM. Ugh.

Jace: If I get it, don't you think I would tell you?

Me: Well, yeah, but what if you forget?

Jace: :-/

Me: Fine I'm stupid just tell me when the damn email comes in!!!!

Jace: haha will do

Why do I seem more on edge about this than him? I want him to make the team. He loves football, and he's so good at it, and I want him to have that chance. He deserves it more than anyone.

I continue to pace around my room, and two minutes pass with no news. Huffing, I stomp downstairs to see my mom working at her desk.

"Oh thank God, I thought you were going to be running a marathon in your room forever," she groans, taking her glasses off and throwing them onto the desk. "You look more stressed than when you didn't know what your Physics final grade was. What's up?"

"Jason had football tryouts this week and he's supposed to know if he made the team in-" I check the time, "-seven minutes."