-Chapter 34-

Achieving Unbroken
Chapter Thirty Four

"Dial tone, nothing but that high note
On repeat 'cause we don't listen when we talk"
Talk | Why Don't We

Lilla
[Sunday, July 17th, 2018]

"Wait— You... You what?" I try to hold back a few giggles after Piper shares what is supposed to be a long kept secret, but she can hardly say it out loud. It keeps coming through as a blur of muffled sound.

"Idntknowhwtoswim," she mumbles, and I can barely string the words together.

"You don't know how to swim?" I clarify, but she screams.

"Don't say it out loud!" I have to pull the phone away from my ear to keep my eardrum from shattering. "It's so embarrassing."

"How did I not know this before?"

"We haven't gone swimming before."

"You know, it's awfully hard to swim in the Pacific Ocean."

"But I could get pulled in by the current, and boom! My dead body ends up washed up on a beach in Japan." I roll my eyes, smirking, and I open my mouth to respond but she cuts me off. "And if you make a joke about me getting buried in my mother's homeland I will come to your house and personally throw you out the window."

"Well, that would have been funny, but that's not what I was gonna say. I was gonna say that I'll go in the water with you a little bit every day, and you'll see it's fine. Before we leave we'll go get you some bathing suits. No worries, Pipe."

She sighs in relief on the other line.

"Thank you."

"Of course. So, now that you're going, what's the guest list that we are aware of as of right now?"

"You, me, Vince obviously, Peyton because he's a beach whore, I dunno if Cannon is going or not but I'm pretty sure he is, E.J. is definitely in, Patrick too, and Jason obviously."

"Good God, is there enough room for all of us at Vinnie's house?"

"From what I hear, yes. They use the house a lot for family reunions and such, so there's plenty of room. Vince's Dad stays in a carriage house on the property."

I flop backwards into a horizontal position on my bed, twirling a piece of hair around my finger and having a moment where I feel like I'm in a 90's teenage romcom.

"You know whose gonna be really excited that you're going?" I say through a wide grin.

"Don't you dare."

"Oh my gosh, you can take the weekend as an opportunity to find out how Real Patrick and Dream Patrick compare!"

"When hell freezes over, Lilla." Huffing, I roll onto my side so that I am facing my nightstand.