-Chapter 49-

Achieving Unbroken
Chapter Forty Nine

"Now I hear sounds in the hallways,
Rocking chairs are moving on their own
I'm falling for you,
So much so that it's freaking me out"
Freaking Me Out | Ava Max

Lilla
[Friday, October 20th, 2018]

I kissed Jason.

Holy fuck, I kissed Jason.

I'm still not over it.

After our study date combined with the next morning, we suddenly became more attached than ever; private meetings at lunch and in between class, going to each other's houses, kissing.

So much kissing.

But it's not like I'm against it. This is the happiest that I've been in what feels like a long time; but it's the kind of happiness that you don't know you were lacking until it's placed in the palm of your hand. I think that everyone else around can sense it, too, but nor Piper, Gavin, Zoe, Dev, or my parents have dared to ask if this is more than a hoax.

I'm thankful for this, because I wouldn't be able to answer the question if they asked. So, for now, I get to avoid the thought.

At the moment, I'm packing up my things from my locker, about to go meet Jason at his car so we can go to his mom's. Only, this is postponed by Charlie.

"Hey, Harris."

For the first time ever, he looks awkward and nervous. Almost embarrassed.

"Charlie."

"Can we... Talk?"

His palms roughly run over the denim of his jeans, presumably from clammy hands.

"Depends on how long it'll take," I slam my locker shut, standing to face him. "I have shit to do."

"It's a bit of a heavy conversation. I don't think it'll be quick."

I shoot him a curious look.

"You're looking to have a heavy conversation with me?" He sighs, gaze dropping to his beat up Converse.

"Yes. Can we meet, like, tomorrow?"

"Busy tomorrow."

"Sunday?"

"Aw, you don't go to church on Sunday's?"

"Lilla, please." His tone is different, the way he's looking at me is different, and all of the sudden, I get it.

This is genuinely serious.

"Okay," I breathe. "Sunday, 11 AM. Just meet in the school parking lot."

"I'll be there."