-Chapter 47-

Achieving Unbroken
Chapter Forty Seven

"I knew when we collided, you're the one I have decided
Was one of my kind"
Hey, Soul Sister | Train

Lilla
[Thursday, September 6th, 2018 - First Day Of Senior Year]

I get to school early this morning, as I always do. Today is especially important though, it's the first day of senior year, and the first day that Jason and I's plan is set in motion.

"God, Harris, you weren't kidding around when you said you like to get here early," I hear behind me.

Low and behold, Jason Oakland, everybody.

"You should know by now that I don't kid," I tease as he sits down next to me at the cafeteria table. "What're you doing here so early?"

"I was trying to beat you."

I blink.

"Actually?"

He shrugs, grinning.

"Kinda. I just wanted to get here with you before anyone else got here."

"Oh, and why is that?"

Jason pauses, like he's trying to find the right words, and I look at him with an amused eye.

"I like talking to you." Is all he says. Smirking and shaking my head, I dig in a pocket of my backpack to find the class schedule we got last week.

"What's your first period?" I ask.

"Social sciences with Douglas. I have a headache just thinking about it."

Humming, I look at my schedule, and nod.

"I have him fourth. Anyways, since history and English are in the same building, you are walking me to my first period with Kirkham."

"Ah, yes. And let me guess, we'll hold hands like this—" He uses his left hand to remove mine from the paper and fold our fingers together, palms pressed against each other. "And you'll lean against the wall, and play with my fingers," he brings his face close to mine, lips brushing against my ear as he mumbles the next sentence, "and I'll pretend to whisper something flirty to you and you'll giggle at it, and then we'll share a sappy goodbye as I go downstairs to class."

Heat rushes, not to my face, but all over my body. I feel it in my hands, my stomach, my toes curling when I feel his warm breath grazing my cheek. I pull my face back, slightly, and keep our hands joined.

"Yeah, pretty much," I whisper, distracted by his eyes that are looking into mine like there isn't anything else around us.

Maybe there isn't. Who knows.

"Today," Patrick slides onto a seat across from us and scares us half to death with his loud proclamation. "—is a monumental day, everyone. This is our last first day of school—"