Chapter 1: Regrets

Just in case someone stumbled here without reading Mia Regina, I suggest you read it first. This is NOT A STANDALONE! I cannot stress that enough.

I said I wouldn't update so soon, but like a dumbass I am. *shakes head* I got too excited to share this already. However, the updates may be slow due to Escort Me Baby and college.

So, back on with the Arieo ship. I'm excited to take you guys on this ride and this is will be a lot more dramatic. Buckle up, guys! It's gonna be a wild ride.

Let's just take a moment and appreciate how gorgeous Shay Mitchell is.

Vote, comment, share and most importantly, ENJOY!!!

-------------------------------------------

The sun was setting behind the mountains, painting the sky in a beautiful rose and orange shade. The cool evening air brushed my hair with the subtle wind as I watched the kids play, Lucian sliding down the spiral slide after his friends and Ana building a castle in the sand pit by herself. A smile graced my lips watching those innocent souls play and stumble with no worry in the world.

"There's no improvement in the condition, Arie," Harry commented, scooting up next to me on the park bench and reminding me of what I had lost more than four years ago.

          Everyday since that day had been a struggle to live, but I was getting through it. Not a single day went by when I didn't think about what happened back in New York, how everything and everyone I knew got ripped away from me or how I kicked them out of my life. Regret was what I had the moment I realized what I had done, but it was too late to rectify my mistake.

          The promise that he made still echoed in my ears, clawing at them. As a true man, he kept true to his word and never came back to me. And why would he? I broke him. I killed him.

          Yet, here I sat looking at the two major purposes of my life that played and I couldn't help but smile. They were leading a good life and so was I. My hand subconsciously crawled up to my locket that I never went a day without wearing. It was his promise, never completed, but still meant the world to me. Everyday I wish to see him only once so that I can tell him how sorry I am for hurting him, how sorry I am for... killing him.

          "Arie?" Harry bumped her shoulder into mine, compelling me out of my daze. "Earth to Arie."

(Priyanka Chopra as Harry, my Quantico bae 😍)

"Oh shut up," I chuckled, smiling to myself.

Harry, short for Harleen, had become my best friend over the years. Making the big move all the way to California without telling anyone was difficult and she was the first woman I talked to here considering she was Aunt Wendy's best friend from college when she went here before moving back to Queens to take care of me and Ashton after our parents' death. I sought her out keeping in mind she was also the best neurologist in California. She agreed to help me and listened to everything I told her. Last time I kept all my secrets to myself, now Harry was the only person who knew a lot, but not all. I couldn't reveal everything no matter what.