Chapter 3: Old Friends Or Enemies?

We have gotten over 1k reads here already! YAY! Thank you so much for continuing to read the journey of Arie and Leo. This means a lot. ❤️

-------------------------------------------

          "Shit!" I cussed breathlessly, slamming on the brakes, but the bumper of my car still scraped the back of the Audi ahead of me.

          "Fuck." Ashton took a deep breath, his nails digging into my arm. "You deadass gave me a heart attack."

          "Bitch!" A woman's voice bellowed as I jerked off Ashton's hold on me. Presumedly, she was the Audi's owner.

          "She sounds really mad," Ashton glowered at me, sinking low in his seat. "Go sort this out now."

          "Get out of your motherfucking car," the woman's scream got louder when her door shot open. "You stupid ass hoe."

          "This bitch!" I hastily removed my seatbelt in anger. "The damage isn't even that big and she's trying to come at me." Stepping out of my car, I slammed the door shut behind me and stormed forward, ready to face the raging woman, but my feet halted abruptly upon seeing the familiar face.

          "You're paying big time," she yelled before her eyes finally met mine, compelling her jaw to drop. "Bitch?" Her voice was barely above a whisper, but it somehow still sent chills up my spine. "Bitch!" She squealed in excitement and bolted towards me, ignoring all the traffic behind us to trap my body in her arms.

          "Sophie," I spoke softly, still awestruck by her presence, unable to blanket her in my arms

          "Oh my God!" Her hold tightened around me. "I thought I'd never see you again."

          "Hi!" I pulled away and smiled meekly, her teary eyes rather elated to see me. Shaking my own tears away, I cleared my throat and looked at her car. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention. I'll pay for the damage."

          "Give me a break," she scoffed, a laugh escaping her lips. "I can very much afford to fix it myself. I just need to know where the fuck you've been."

          "I..."

          "Save it," she interrupted and placed her hands on her hips. "You and I are going to have a very long chat right now."

          "Right now?"

          "Yes, right now," she declared and looked around. "Park your car to the side. We're going to grab a pizza. Pepperoni sounds good?"