Chapter 24: Confessions

The Dragos ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

——————————————————

          The awkwardness had faded with each hour that passed with us just sitting in the confined space, reminiscing about old memories. Conversation flowed casually, requiring no effort at all. To an outsider, it must've seemed strange considering we didn't see eye to eye just hours ago and now we were laughing and chatting like good ol' mates.

          "I was hoping she wouldn't notice the scar, but she did. The tat didn't do its job."

          "It looks really good though. Definitely suits you," she complimented the bloody, roaring lion tattooed on my left pec. I had gotten it after the same battle Arie had her miscarriage during. The scar the injury left on me wasn't too deep, but I didn't want to worry Verona considering she was still recovering, so Athena suggested a tattoo and I went along, however, Verona still figured it out. She was always too smart.

"When did you get yours?"

Arie's fingers traced over the ink etched onto the skin of her right wrist as a smile washed her face. "Just a couple days after I moved to Cali. I just wanted a part of you with me, so I got this tattoo." She laughed to herself softly. "Not safe, I know. I was stupid. Still am."

          "Not going to disagree," I teased her.

          With enlarged eyes and a hint of mischief, she kicked my foot in retaliation. "Asshole."

          "Heard worse." A smirk stretched my lips as she rolled her eyes at me. "So why didn't you chuck the locket away? Weren't you afraid I'd track you down?"

          "Well." She blew out air through her mouth, her eyes glazing over the floor. "I heard you kept your promises, and you promised to never come back, so I didn't throw it away. And remember, I said I'd keep it close to my heart."