Chapter 47: The Power Of Love

WARNING: Sexual content! Yes, that time has finally come ages later.

Read what's written at the bottom right corner of that gif 😂😂

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

——————————————————

(Leo's POV)

I had been sitting in the car ever since the moment I stepped right over Arie's heart and walked out. She was willing to indulge in me, submerge herself in what we had before. The highs of love and intense passion that we rode. The exceptionally fiery and fervent moments we lost ourselves in that were also accompanied by severe vulnerability we disregarded for each other. We were one. Unfortunately, it also came with the disastrous lows that she walked away from me for.

When Verona came back, she was my responsibility and endured too much just for being my wife. I tried everything in my power to nurture her back to health, put a smile on her face, and keep her safe. However, I was drowning in guilt every single day. My demons mocked me. Even spat on me. I wasn't living. I was balls deep in stress that was killing me every day. Verona wasn't the reason for it, it was the guilt her torture brought. Seeing her put on that smile just to ease it only shoved me further down the abyss of guilt. And knowing my heart was still with Arie and longed for her every single second of the day... Death never looked sweeter.

Over the months after her passing, I mourned and did it right this time instead of bottling it up as Arie put it. The guilt had struck me harder than ever at that moment, but I took my time and got it out of my system with the idea that Verona wasn't in pain anymore. A smidgen of it was still there, but it wasn't as suffocating as it was for years. Astor had been killed, and now the remaining involved were to be brought to justice for their atrocities. I knew Nonna was involved one way or another, so my eyes were on her constantly. She was clean so far, but I wasn't buying her act.

After I had grieved Verona, Wren, and my lost son, I still wasn't ready to face Arie, but I knew I had to push aside everything and see her someday. At the party for Renna, she looked heavenly. I didn't want to feel that way, but every time I laid my eyes on her, I couldn't stop the foolish hunk of muscle behind my ribs from beating rapidly for her. I unconsciously stole glances of the beautiful woman when she wasn't looking and my tattered heart smiled and filled with joy after a very long time.

It was the same when she showed up for Wren's wedding. Then, that feeling left me with self-loathe because she was someone else's woman and I had a tortured wife to take care of. The cruelest and fiery pits of hell were waiting to burn me.

But how could one control his heart? How could I put a leash on it and tell it to stop pining for its eternal love whom it couldn't be with any longer?

Arie was the one who chipped away at the stone my heart was encased in, tending and teaching it to love unlike ever before. I had fallen for her harder than I could ever imagine. I never thought one could feel so intensely for someone, so fiercely and madly. She had me on my knees, my life at her mercy. Although I had my heart locked up again after she left, my pathetic soul never stopped loving her.

We were in the best state now, leaving our grievances behind and moving into a place with smiles and laughs with the lost ones in our hearts. Months prior to that were absolute hell for both of us. But being around her, all the stress faded away. My greedy hands yearned to touch her every moment, my eyes wanting to feast on her, and my ludicrous heart craving to be with hers. No matter how hard I tried to control myself and my feelings for her, they always wiggled their way through, and masking them was hell.