Chapter 29: Graves

The Dragos ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

——————————————————

(Leo's POV)

         As I stepped out of the shower and entered the room in a towel, I noticed Verona still laying on her side, wide awake. Her tired blue eyes stared out the window, not blinking even as I approached and sat next to her on the bed.

          "Tesoro," I mumbled and gently drew back her hair from her face. "Come ti senti (How do you feel)?"

          Yesterday, she was running a high fever and puking her insides out all morning, and in the afternoon, she finally had some rest and I didn't disturb her with the idea of going to the party. It wasn't more important than her health, but I needed to speak to Arie and lift another burden off my chest. Whatever I said to her was genuine. I imagined marrying her once and making her the regina of the empire, but the times had changed and now I had given her away to another man who I knew would treat her as I would. Like the queen she always was.

          Verona grimaced as she turned and laid on her back. She released a long breath and shut her eyes. "Better."

          "Good." Leaning down, I kissed the top of her head and caressed her face. "Ready to get out of bed?"

          She nodded, her eyes studying me in tranquility. They contained a certain hint of wonder but nothing too strong.

          "What are you thinking?" I asked, stroking my thumb below her cheekbone.

          She remained silent for a couple of seconds before muttering, "I want to go to Portofino."

          My thumb stopped the casual caress as I was taken back by her sudden request. "Portofino? Are you sure?"