Chapter 26: Time To Let Go

The Dragos ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

WARNING: Keep a tissue close just in case

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

——————————————————

My breath hitched and my heart was on the floor as soon as I heard those words slip out of Verona's mouth. My lips were slightly parted and my mouth started to dry up like a drought.

I turned my head a bit and watched Athena mouth, "Surprise."

Well, talk about the biggest and the most horrifying surprise of my life. I felt like a girl who was secretly recorded having sex with a controversial man and then the video was out for the world to see and mock.

"Popcorn! Now!" I heard Rome yell but I didn't bother looking at him.

My eyes lowered and stared at the floor in guilt and fear. It was as if the cat got my tongue and ripped it right out because I couldn't even begin to form words. Ashton squeezed my hand reassuringly and whispered, "You don't have to answer her. Let's just go to our rooms."

          As I looked up, I noticed Athena making everyone leave. "Ashton, come with me." She motioned toward the exit. "Your sister and Verona are going to have a long chat and you can't be a part of it. Don't worry. There will be no killing tonight."

          Ashton gazed at me with no desire to leave, but I reluctantly gave him a nod, silently telling him that I'd be fine. To be honest, I didn't know if I was going to survive the conversation, but I didn't want Ashton to be around to hear it all.

          When the hall emptied, it only left me with Verona and her personal maid along with the ten guards who were probably instructed to not leave her side no matter what. The maid helped Verona to her feet carefully as the woman gave me a meek smile.