Chapter 38: Battle Of The Children

WARNING: LONG ASS CHAPTER. 8000+ words 👀

Happy reading ❤️

You will probably see errors because I didn't revise the chapter as I usually do. So do point out the errors.

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

——————————————————

(Arie's POV)

At the realization that his grandmother was in the hospital, Leo's irritation was almost palpable. Hell, even my own body heated up with exasperation. That woman was undeniably wicked, and I knew she had plans for my children.

We both walked down the pediatric hall and saw numerous suited men standing in a neat manner outside the room Verona was resting in. "Cazzo (Fuck)," Leo cussed under his breath and spared me a quick glance. "Go ahead. I'll catch up with you."

"Okay." As soon as Leo opened the door, my eyes locked with Marsilia whose gaze was fiercely firm and indisputably menacing before Leo swung the door shut behind him. The brief eye contact with the woman was enough to send a chill up my spine, but no matter what happened, I knew not to let her near the kids.

Walking further down the hall, I turned around the corner and saw more men swarming the place like a block party. "Did you guys mistake this for one of your fancy balls?" I quipped, drawing everyone's attention to me. "If you're not needed here, go wait in your cars for your bosses to get done here. This is a hospital with sick people, not a dorm room party. Get moving!"

The numerous men who had recently arrived did not move an inch until Federigo gave them the signal. When the place cleared up a bit, I finally saw Athena and Eros talking to Soph and Gus. Athena's almond-shaped eyes turned to me after a second, unamused as ever. She excused herself from the bunch and made her way toward me.

          "A word in private, Arie?" The question sounded more like an order, but I complied by walking into a medium-sized conference room nearby and shutting the door behind us. "Sorry to hear you didn't get the chance to tell Leo about all this yourself."

          I rolled my eyes and sauntered further in. "Could've given me a heads up about that."

          "Well, the thing is..." The long nail of her index finger scraped against the round, wooden conference table. "Mike found out from me and then he personally went to New York to deliver the news."

          I scoffed incredulously. "After you told me to tell Leo myself, you did that?"

          "Listen before you make assumptions," she chided, resting her arm over one of the rolling chairs. "After I spoke with you at the cemetery, Mike asked me if I noticed the blue-eyed boy whose resemblance to Leo was quite bizarre. I can fool anyone brilliantly, but unfortunately, my tactics do not work as well on Mike, Leo, or Federigo. He knew I was hiding some information when it came to you, so it didn't take him long to figure it out."

          "Wait." My brows scrunched together. "You knew about Lucian?"

          Athena sighed as if the question exhausted her itself. "Where do you think Mike got the DNA tests from so quickly?"

          "And you acted oblivious even at the cemetery regardless?"

          "As I said, I'm good at deceiving people." A smug smirk pulled on her full lips. "When I looked into you, I was shown the pictures taken by my spies and Lucian surprised me. His age matched perfectly to the time Verona would've gotten pregnant, so I got Verona's and Leo's DNA samples and then I attained Lucian's somehow. As expected, they matched perfectly."