Chapter 8: Old Wounds

^^^ She's so gorgeous ❤️😭❤️😭❤️ Raise your hand if you agree.

IMPORTANT: I know someone has read this before reading Mia Regina and I just wanted to say to those who just skipped to this book THIS IS NOT A STANDALONE. GO READ MIA REGINA FIRST! Aight, now moving on. 😂 Semester is over and I love it.

I told myself that I wouldn't freak out but... Escort Me Baby has gotten 100k reads like WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?! I'm gonna cry. I never imagined that I'd get that far or any of my books to get over a couple hundred reads. I didn't think people would like Athena's character in EMB, her bitchiness and villain-like tendencies in particular, but I guess I was wrong. Thank you so much 😭😭😭 You guys have no idea how much I love you all and how much this means to me.

Enjoy this chapter and point out my mistakes. ❤️

——————————————————————

In a blink of an eye, Ashton punched Alicio's face and knocked him to the ground. Horror imprisoned my face in its claws as he continued going at it. "Ashton, stop!" I screamed, my heart ready to burst through my chest. Low profile was what I wanted to keep for two weeks, but this surely wasn't a good start being among the royal criminals.

"What in the bloody hell!" Arabelle exclaimed, reaching forward to pull my brother off her husband, but Athena held her back as Alicio kicked my brother back and immediately rose to his feet.

"Let the boy blow some steam off," Athena said nonchalantly, sighing to herself and tightening her hold around Arabelle's forearm. "Alicio's brother did rape Arie, so let Ashton get a couple more punches in."

"Stop!" I yelled at Ashton who went at it with no intention to stop. He wanted to kill Alicio for what Astor did to me, and it was quite evident right now. "Ashton, please!" I pleaded and looked to Augustus and Eros who stepped forward, but Athena stopped them with a reassuring nod of her head.

"Talk about zero to a hundred real quick," Rome laughed and pulled out his phone uneasily with the black pug resting on his other arm. "Giants' quarterback is about to get famous on worldstar!"

Eros snatched the phone from his younger brother and slid it in his pocket. "Grow the fuck up."

"Sexy," Lina smirked, tilting her head to the side and admiring my brother as he landed another punch on Alicio who then swung back at him.

I groaned and grabbed Ashton's shoulder to pull him back. He yanked my hold off and kicked Alicio to the floor again. Climbing on the fallen man, he began pounding Alicio's face into the floor viciously, making the man bleed and showing me a side of him that I had never seen before; a rather horrific one.

"I think that's enough now," Athena finally declared and started approaching the quarreling men.

"You're going to kill him, Ashton." I leapt forward and grasped his shoulder once again, but this time he absentmindedly nudged me with brutal force that made me stumble back into someone's arms. The strong hold on me tightened and situated me on my feet carefully before I finally looked at the man. Leo stood there glaring at the bloody scene in front of him without sparing me a glance, though he did isolate me to the side so that I wouldn't get hurt in the fight.

Mike entered the scene and put his arms around my brother along with Eros to untangle him from a broken nosed Alicio who was lifted to his feet by his wife and Gus. "I'm going to kill this motherfucker," Ashton struggled against the tight hold on him as his eyes shoved swords through Alicio's chest.