Chapter 28: Tragic Proposal

The Dragos ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

——————————————————

"I think you're mistaken." Cornelia jerked her arm out of my grip in a hostile manner as the woman by the door rushed between us and stared me down threateningly.

"I believe you should step away, madam." Calm and polite, the woman warned me in her deep Russian accent. Although short, her built was sturdy like a bodybuilder. She could definitely put up a really good fight if I didn't back down.

Taking a step back warily, I gave them a warded smile. "Sorry. I'm just having a weird day," I faked an awkward chuckle. "I'm a bit drunk and having all these feelings, you know. My exes being in the same place and all that shit. I tend to ramble and cry when I have a little booze in me. Just ignore me and enjoy the party."

Cornelia's face was expressionless, but the hint of helplessness in her eyes said enough before she was escorted out of the fancy restroom with the other lady who I assumed was her personal bodyguard.

          My instincts told me it was Cornelia from that day. And now that I thought about it, the men that were kidnapping her at the park had the same accent as her female bodyguard, and I had a feeling that she was back in danger again. She ran for the hills that day and surely didn't look back, but here, she was being watched even in the bathroom.

          If I were to meddle in this, I could get pulled in deeper and attract attention from the wrong people which I couldn't risk. I wanted no part of this when it could possibly find it's way back to my kids, but Cornelia was Sophie's sister and not doing anything would haunt me forever. Maybe if I just talked to Soph and had her figure it out on her own, she could save her sister with the help of her new family. But all my measly plotting came to a heart-dropping halt when I opened the door of the restroom to find the leader of the Russian mafia standing smugly with Cornelia, her bodyguard, and a few other men behind them.