Chapter 4: All Hitched?

Warning: Many new hot characters will be introduced. And I apologize for the amount of pictures used here.

The song is Back To Black by Amy Winehouse and I adore it. It puts you in that James Bondish vibes.

Point out my errors and enjoy!

-------------------------------------------

I excused myself from the couple and rushed away without uttering a word. My heart was running for the hills, but my feet couldn't quite catch up as much as I wanted them to. So, the bar was where I went to ease my jittery nerves that were ready to implode within me.

"Arie, you okay?" Ashton came up next to me before I ordered a glass of whisky. "Cancel that. She won't be drinking." I cocked my brow at him in annoyance. "You never drink," he frowned, stepping between me and the bar. "What's going on?"

"Could I steal your sister for a minute?" He walked up to us, forcing my heart to tremble once again.

Reluctantly, Ashton looked to me in confusion and with a slight nod in return, he left me alone with the man that I never intended to encounter tonight, or ever for that matter.

"How've you been?" He asked softly, his eyes drowned in an unknown guilt.

"I've been doing amazing," I replied with a smile, no intention of showing him how frightened I really was or how desperately I wanted to get out of here, away from these people. "And you?"

He nodded to my question with a meek smile before clearing his throat. "I never really apologized."

"For?"

"For how I forced myself on you all those years ago."

I scoffed, chuckling. "Wren, that was more than four years ago. Let it go. It doesn't matter anymore."

(Sexy Wren!)

(Sexy Wren!)

"It does matter," he halted my steps with his firm tone, sliding his hands into his pockets. "Look, I'm really sorry. I'm guilty of how I behaved with you and it taunts me every time I look at Sophie."

"You're scared that I'd tell her?"

"No," he shook his head slightly, his eyes bowing in shame. "I was mad that my brother wanted me to apologize to a girl who meant nothing to any of us and then he raised his hand on me for the first time because of what I did to you. I was a brat, immature, and didn't know better."

"You didn't apologize when it mattered, Wren. Why bother now?"

"Because I owe you one," he stepped forward, swallowing the lump in his throat. "I'm not a good communicator. Every time I tried to apologize, I'd chicken out. After what happened with Lina, I was beyond furious, but then I realized that I was going to do the same to you and that kills me everyday."