Chapter 44: New Beginnings

Some of you actually thought the book came to an end. Clearly, those of you who did, didn't scroll down further.

THIS BOOK AIN'T OVER!!!

It's over when I say so with a separate Author's Note like the first book. We still have about 3-4 chapters to go in this book before we get to book 3.

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

——————————————————

6 MONTHS LATER

(Arie's POV)

As soon as I ended my shift at Kennedy Memorial, the hospital I was an intern at, I raced my car down the streets, cursing at the slow drivers and flipping off the ones that were too busy on their phones to even move when the traffic lights turned green. Assholes!

I hurriedly parked my car in the underground lot of the Noelle Clark hospital and took the elevator to the maternity unit. Sweat drenched my scrubs due to the heat and the thought of not making it on time. I could barely catch my breath as I power-walked down the hall. Hell, even my heart was palpitating too hard for me to control.

"Did I miss it?" I shouted breathlessly when I saw Mike down the hall.

"Not yet. It'll be over any minute now."

Amelia, Sophie's father, Harry, Vince, and the kids also waited outside the room, their hands itching with anticipation. Vince had great brown skin, but even he looked pale at the moment.

"What's wrong with you?"

Harry snorted smugly. "He couldn't handle a little crowning."

"Exactly! What a dick!" Ana flipped her hair in a sassy manner, almost coming off as a pompous ass. "Can't handle a princess."

"Ana! What did I say about that word?" I chided the little girl who immediately pouted and melted my heart as usual. She was going to be the death of me.

"It is bad," she mumbled. "Sorry."

I hummed, turning my attention back to Harry. "What was he doing in there?"

"Went to give Augustus something and he looked."

"Out of all of the shit he has done, this is what gets him," Mike laughed, taunting the man.

"How about you take a look, Mike? Giggling like a fucking school girl over there!" Vince shot back with a malicious snarl.

"Hey! Don't talk to my daddy like that!" Ana swatted Vince's knee who faked a cry to please the girl.

"Another punch and he'll need a doctor too, baby." Mike cradled Ana in his arms and gave her soft cheek a big kiss. "You're my strong girl."

          Ana giggled uncontrollably as my heavy breaths normalized. Mike had apologized for his cold behavior toward me right after Verona's funeral, but who was I to be angry with him? His resentment was justified in response to my secrets, but now we were all in a better place. Mike stuck around a lot to get to know Ana who didn't give him the time of day at first. He came to California with Valentina every chance he got, and sometimes even skipped meetings to spend time with the little girl. Both Mike and Valentina tried to cozy up to Ana who started to admire Valentina shortly. Through the woman, she gave her father a chance and had been inseparable from her daddy ever since. She threw a sob-fest every time he had to leave now.