Chapter 27: Gossip, Booze, And Surprise

The Dragos ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

——————————————————

Day 12 (Arie's POV)

After sliding the second diamond earring into my lobe, I sighed and rubbed my sweaty palms together. Nervousness didn't even come close to describing the miserable condition my heart was in. It was racing, jumping in fright, dropping. It may as well pulverize in my chest because it was doing me no good.

The entire day yesterday was spent in dread. I had myself locked in my room and just wished no one visited me. Although I just wanted to run after the conversation with Verona, I couldn't do so knowing Athena would make sure I didn't. She did say she had another surprise for me and I wasn't sure if I was ready for it. What else was she going to throw at me?

I was expecting her to show up in my room, but she didn't and neither did anyone else—other than Ashton and Soph, of course. I was just crossing my fingers hoping Leo denied Verona's request. She loved Leo so much and I couldn't take her husband even though she was willingly giving him to me on a silver platter. Despite what I felt for Leo, there was no way in hell I was going to build my castle of happiness on the ashes and debris of someone else's sacrifice.

After what I had learned about Verona, I had developed a kind of adoration for her that Athena talked about. Gosh! The respect I had for her now had rocketed. I looked at her as someone I deeply admired and I couldn't crush her happiness, and I knew Leo wouldn't hurt her or ever abandon her which was reassuring. She'd be happy and safe with him. Besides, I couldn't leave Freddie hanging. I was not going to be one of those stupid girls who was going to give up on a good man that I already had in my life and go after an ex who had a wife regardless of the opportunity. However, I hated my own guts for thinking of a future with Leo for even a split second. I felt like a dirty rat from the sewers.