Chapter 32: Brother

The Dragos ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

Listen to the song above "Brother" by Kodaline while you read the chapter. It's absolutely beautiful and makes me cry every time with the music video. Watch it ❤️.

——————————————————

          My mind was in shambles as the tension and fear in the closed off hallway of the hospital danced like knives on my skin. Sophie was seated on a chair between me and her mother a few doors down the operating room where Wren was being treated. All the color was drained from her face as she stared silently at the ground. I had never seen her like this and it was killing me to witness it now. She was always so lively and vibrant in her own way, but all I saw now was a stoic statue. She hadn't even said 'I do', and the love of her life got shot right before her eyes.

The entire family, including all the cousins, waited to hear from the doctors or Leo himself who was inside the OR with his father. It had been almost two hours since Wren was rushed into surgery to remove the bullet and we still hadn't gotten a shred of information from them.

The person who had shot at us was struck down by a bullet from Leo's men. Now they had a dead attacker whom they needed answers from. I couldn't help my heart from slipping further down my chest and into an abyss as I ran the incident over and over again in my head. If Wren hadn't asked me to duck, I would've been the one with a bullet in me, but we all dodged that one. Unfortunately, the next one came for Leo, but Wren, in an attempt to save his older brother, got caught in the crossfire. Now he was battling for life and I felt utterly guilty because the bullets were meant to harm me and Leo, not my best friend's love.

After a shaky breath, I slouched in the chair and watched Amelia pace back and forth in trepidation outside the OR. Her fingers fumbled with one another, her eyes an incoherent mess. Gus had tried to calm her nerves, but she was restless knowing the son she adopted was shot down on his own wedding day. I had seen the love in her eyes for all of her children before, so the thought of losing any one of them made her seem neurotic. Somehow I could feel her pain because I had a child who was in the hospital, and the mere thought of losing my baby made me gasp for air every time.