Chapter 14: Blame Game

The Dragos ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends

Enjoy this chapter and also point out my mistakes! 💞

————————————————————

(Arie's POV)

Tequila wiggled its gnawing claws into my mind, making it hazy and completely irrational. Nonetheless, I followed Mike and Leo through my two shots of drunken hysteria into the hallway Lina hurriedly lead them into. As I turned the corner, all I saw was Leo sprinting ahead and falling to his knees by a body on the floor while Mike pulled out his phone and began frantically typing.

My heart sped up as I walked further in and noticed Verona on the ground whimpering and squirming with a knife embedded in her stomach. Almost immediately, my blood ran cold witnessing her state which prompted me to rush forward when Leo gripped the end of the knife to pull it out.

"Don't do that!" I halted his action by grabbing his wrist and kneeling on the other side of Verona. His head whipped up to face me, fiery rage bubbling in his blue eyes that were revolving around a shade of red. "You don't know what muscle or organ the knife must've hit. If you pull it out, you might risk harming something else."

His jaw twitched but not a single word escaped his mouth as he yanked my hold off in anger and gazed down at his wife who was quivering in excruciating pain. His eyes grew soft as they raked over her distressed features. The pain on Leo's face reflected Verona's while his thumbs wiped away the tears that streamed down the sides of her face.

"It h-hurts," she sobbed in agony, viciously trembling in fear and torment.

Cupping her face, he held her tenderly and kissed her lips. "Hold on for me, tesoro," he whispered in the softest brittle tone that was foreign to my ears as if the volume of it could break his hurting wife.