Chapter 45: Wet Touches

3 MONTHS LATER

          It was like only yesterday Leo stood at my doorstep and danced with me under the chandelier in the foyer of my house. These past three months passed by in a blink of an eye. Maybe it was because I wanted time to slow down when Leo came around. He didn't disappear this time. He made an appearance every week or two for Lucian. We all hung out as a family, eating dinner and enjoying little barbecue parties in the backyard with his siblings and parents at times. He and I always found time to just talk to each other and lend an ear as a friend. The conversations we had were the highlight of my day.

Due to the extreme California heat and Ashton's desires, he was throwing a pool party in the backyard for his teammates. Since it had been a month since Harry's big wedding, there was another reason to celebrate. Many were invited which included the Bonferroni family, some colleagues of mine, Lucian's friends and their parents, the teammates, of course, Harry and her husband, Simi Aunty, and some more.

 Many were invited which included the Bonferroni family, some colleagues of mine, Lucian's friends and their parents, the teammates, of course, Harry and her husband, Simi Aunty, and some more

I had worn a dull orange colored two-piece bikini and a black cover-up over it which hid the scars on my body. I didn't have the time or the excuses to explain the stab and grazing gunshot wounds to people who were not a part of the world I was in.

The party was booming with people dancing to the music poolside and some playing in the water. Even a few members of the Drago family showed up. Mostly the males. Everyone was letting loose and just enjoying the day, eating and drinking.

Heat and I didn't get along very well, nor was I interested in getting into the pool with a bunch of people I wasn't comfortable with, so I sat inside and watched everyone with Soph. Renna was sleeping in her swing, wearing the cutest little swimsuit when all of a sudden Ana stumbled inside, rubbing her belly.

"I got a baby too!" she declared which made Soph laugh who almost woke Renna up.

"That's not a baby. That's food," I said, sticking my own stomach out. "Mom got a food belly too."

"That's a big food belly I must say."

My head whipped in the direction of the deep, masculine voice to see Leo standing there with a smirk. He had cut his hair short once again, his beard nicely trimmed.

 He had cut his hair short once again, his beard nicely trimmed