Chapter 30: Here Comes The Lioness

The Dragos ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

——————————————————

(Arie's POV)

          The streets of Florence were wet and murky due to the pouring rain. Dark clouds thundered in the night sky as if they were mourning the loss too. The car stopped in front of the hotel, allowing me to exit and enter the building. Vince walked behind me, trying to keep up with my quick pace.

          "Ms. Noelle, is there anything else I can help you with?" he asked in a gentle tone as if I would break.

          Halting my footsteps by the elevator, I turned to him and swallowed the emotions stuck in my throat. "Don't speak of this to anyone, not even your boss. I just need a few minutes to get my head straight and then you can take me to him."

          He hid nothing from Leo, so it was hard for him to respect my wishes, but he nodded in compliance. "Of course. I'll wait right here until you're ready."

          "Thank you, Vince." The elevator doors opened in time and allowed me to enter. As soon as they closed, I leaned against the metal wall and almost crumbled to the floor in pain. It was as if I was being stabbed in my waist with multiple knives at the same time. I took a deep breath and steadied myself, squeezing my phone in my palm.

Stepping out of the metal containment, I headed toward my room where I saw Ashton and Soph casually strolling by. Their conversation died when they saw me. If I could run the other way, I would, but I could only run so long.

          My excuse for being out all day was wandering the city alone after seeing Fred off at the airport early morning, but now I had to face them and tell them what had happened.

          "Arie?" Ashton rushed forward in a panic and cupped my face to get a better look at the small scar by my right brow. His eyes didn't overlook the blood on the T-shirt given to me by the hospital either. "What happened?"