Chapter 31: The Red Wedding

The Dragos ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

Listen to the piano version of "Young and Beautiful" as you read the wedding part because it's absolutely beautiful.

——————————————————

Day 14 (Arie's POV)

I stirred a bit in the bed and grimaced. Eyes still shut, my hand pressed lightly against my waist where I had been kicked. The pain wasn't as intense as it was before and the aching in my head was reduced too. I raked my hand across my forehead and found a small bandage covering the little wound by my brow.

          "Hi."

          Startled by the unexpected female voice, my lids shot open at once, ready to punch the person next to me, but decided against it when I realized who it was. "Zaya?"

          "Hi, Arie," she chuckled softly. "Didn't mean to scare you."

          "That's fine," I mumbled groggily and sat up with a wince, rubbing my eyes to clear my vision. "It's good to see you." I opened my arms and ushered her in for a hug. "How've you been?"

          "Really good," she smiled as she pulled away and sat back on the edge of the bed. "Sorry for not coming to meet you sooner. I've been promoted to a higher rank, so I have many time-consuming responsibilities. Anyway, enough about me. How are you doing?"

          "Honestly," I sighed. "Life is pretty shitty right now."

          Her brows furrowed as she placed a sympathetic hand on mine and lowered her head. "I heard. I'm so sorry."

          I gave her a meek smile then fell silent, staring into my lap. My eyes welled up with a thin layer of tears at the thought of Fred and how this trip turned my whole life to an absolute shit-show.