Chapter 20: Florence

The Dragos ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends

If you see that I skip a day, it's because nothing much happens that day and I just briefly go over it in the next day that I decide to write. I thought I mentioned this but I guess not, so thought I'd point it out for the people who might be confused.

———————————————————

Day 8 (Arie's POV)

          I groggily pattered my lids open, my entire frame sinking into the soft mattress of the comfortable bed itself. My body stretched under the disheveled white sheets and pulled my resting muscles awake. With a press of a button on a small remote, the curtains shading the balcony doors slid to the sides and unleashed more sunlight into the decent-sized room. It poured into me and made me smile from the inside.

          Jumping out of the bed, I waltzed over to the glass doors and swung them open like Elsa from Frozen. The balcony was the size of one nice recliner. Fairly small but certainly enough for me to step out into. The sun rays danced on my skin, the cool morning breeze brushing through my hair and filling my lungs whole. I closed my eyes and basked in the noise and the smell of Florence with sheer exhilaration.

          Yesterday, I woke up in the castle thinking I'd be going back to California after the incident with Aria the day before. I got my things ready and was looking forward to leaving, but Soph was shattered by the thought of the wedding being postponed. She sobbed into my lap all morning. The only person that calmed her down was Wren, and that was after he told her the wedding was still on and we were going to Florence. Surely, that ruined my plans to leave, but Florence didn't sound so bad.

          We all had arrived here yesterday evening from Sicily. Every cell in my body was ecstatic to be in the city where the Medici family flourished. Rich history was embedded into every building here. Some of these streets were walked by great artists from the Renaissance period and that was exciting in itself. Florence had always been on my bucket list to visit. All the great artworks and rich culture were a magnet for me, and I couldn't wait to explore everything this place had to offer.