Chapter 39: Despair Of The Crown

The Dragos ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

The Bonferronis ⬇️

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends

Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends. ENJOY! ❤️

——————————————————

(Arie's POV)

          I sat on the bench, staring at another grave just a couple days after burying Fred. This time, it was my son. My blood, my flesh who left just like the one in my womb. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later, and as much as I tried to prepare myself for the inevitable, nothing would ever make the pain digestible. My heart was in a billion pieces, impossible to ever piece back together, and I didn't know if I ever wanted to do so.

          The people who knew about Alon returned for another funeral and paid respects to me and my little boy. Simi aunty was devastated just like the rest, but it all seemed as though I was watching a show. I was just an audience to the things transpiring around me, not having the energy to say or do anything. A living ghost would be a good word to describe me at this point. Even the kids seemed to notice something was off with me. Although they were questioning about Alon and Fred, Ashton and Harry made sure to not let the sorrow affect the kids.

          The concept of death was still a new idea for them. They didn't fully understand it and didn't even know what was going on at Fred's burial. For them, it was a gathering in a park with big stones. Once they found out that their dear Freddie was never coming back, they'd be hysterical, and the loss of their brother at the same time would only make it worse.

          Ashton along with Leo, Gus, and Federigo acted as pallbearers who carried Alon's casket to his grave. Every member of the Bonferroni and Drago family gathered in California to attend the funeral of a child they didn't know, but since the kid had their king's blood in his veins, they were obligated to come. Despite being weak and drained of energy, Aria, Leo's aunt who had been poisoned, made an appearance during the ceremony and told me how sorry she was for my loss. She was a kind one in the platoon of royal assholes, but her words meant nothing to me. No matter what anyone said, nothing was ever going to soothe the agony I was in.