4

"Welcome back, my friends," I smiled as my masters, and only friends in this world walked through the door, Lord Elrond of Rivendell, Gandalf the Grey and Lord Thranduil of Mirkwood (yes I did just put them in a list of favourite).

I loved the past 45 years with their monthly visits, even though they were to educate me, we still had fun.

°🍃°

Gandalf's first month_

Gandalf arrived back here a couple hours ago and all he's done is sit on my front porch and smoke. Isn't smoking bad for people? Plus he's still young, he has many years to live, why would he smoke?

"Hey Gandalf? Are we actually going to do anything?" I asked timidly, he took one last smoke from his pipe and put it away before turning to me and smiling slightly.

"Let's start then," he said as he pulled out a really thick paged book, no a spell book. I looked at it confused.

"I'm going to teach you basic magic that any elf can pick up," he said as he led me inside and opened the book to the front page.

"What does it say?" I asked, he gave me a really blank look.

"You can't read Elvish?" he asked, I thought for a moment before shaking my head.

"I can only speak a small amount," I whispered ashamed.

"Well... no need to be ashamed, you've lived her without education for 100 years and you should still be learning all this stuff, so don't worry, I will inform the Lords and we shall all work on the simple stuff with you first," he smile encouragingly towards me, I smiled back and nodded.

°🍃°

Lord Elrond's first month_

"Ok since you can't speak a lot of, or read Elvish I will start with that," Elrond smiled at me pulling out some paper, "can you write in Elvish?"

I nodded.

"Well that's great, how about you write a sentence and I will teach you how to speak it out and then I'll write some and teach you how to read and speak it? Yes?" he asked, checking whether I understood or not, I nodded and started scribbling words down onto the paper.

I wrote 'My name is y/n' (photo above) onto the paper, he read it out and taught me the syllables and ways to say it. I nodded, this was easier than I expected.

°🍃°
Lord Thranduil's first month_

"Ok what can you do weapon wise?" Thranduil asked me, I stood and thought for a small amount of time.

"I can craft weapons but I cannot wield them," I sighed, his brow furrowed before throwing a stick at me, I caught it giving him a very confused look. He stood in an offensive position. He lunged forward giving me barely enough time to block his stick with my stick. He would stop and start our sessions to perfect my posture or the way I'm fighting.

°🍃°
540 months later - 45 years or just to the beginning of the chapter_

I am now 'perfect' at everything I have been taught, no one has beaten me in a sword or dagger fight, I can cast basic spells flawlessly and I can speak, write and read Elvish like I am supposed to since I... am an elf. I can shoot a bow twice the distance than any normal elf or just anyone with the availability to shoot one. My record shot is 566.94 metres, even my terrain reading has gotten a lot better.

"Thank you for helping me," I bowed in the traditional Elvish way by crossing my right hand lightly over my heart and bowing my head forward slightly. Someone lifted my chin up, Lord Thranduil.

"It was our pleasure but we would, we, meaning me and Elrond, would like to take you to Rivendell and Mirkwood, we both have a child around the same age as you and we think you would become good friends with them," he said, my smile faltered at the thought of leaving here.

"You don't have to! We were just hoping you would, but we understand your dedication to your family," Lord Elrond hurried to get his opinion across, I smile slightly.

"No I'll come, I don't think they're coming back anyway. Also I can feel the forest changing, I don't want to be around here much longer," I sighed, they both smile widely before Lord Thranduil gave me a bag.

"Go get changed, you'll find this clothing nicer and better for your choice of weapons if you have any forged and ready?" he said pushing me into my spare room. He left closing the door so I stripped down and replace my clothing.

I wore a jet black tunic with a dark crimson red rim and a matching dark crimson leather belt around my waist. Tied to the belt was a sheath where I placed my normal sword in and then put leg straps around my lower legs, near my ankles, in there I placed two daggers on each leg after putting on some crimson red leggings. Once they were secure, I pulled on some dark brown knee high boots. I then put on a dark crimson leather strap that stretched from my right shoulder and around to my lower left torso on and placed my quiver in place along with another sheath, but this time I placed my dual sword in there and then slipped my bow into the quick. Then I placed another dagger into my quiver and on my belt just for extra safety.

I walked out and everyone smiled at my appearance.

"Now this is a girl we've been waiting to see, now come here so I can do your hair!" Lord Elrond exclaimed, so I knelt in front of him as he started braiding my left half of my hair into scalp braids that connected to somewhere around the right half of my hair which was left loose, it looked really nice because my hair was naturally a h/c and was slightly wavy so it fit in pretty well. Once we finished Lord Thranduil gave me a jet black cloak with silver rims and a silver swirled pattern at the bottom.

I put it on and soon after we were mounting our horses to leave the little house I called my home. Before we left, Gandalf stopped me.

"Here," he said, moving his cloak out of the way to reveal a(nother) crimson red (thing) staff that was around the same size as me, maybe it stopped around half way up my face. It was so beautiful, it was carved to a shape of vines and was really light and easy to hold. I smiled and thanked him. We started riding to Rivendell that day. I didn't know that I would find a problem on my way to starting my new life perfectly...