30

I sat down on the edge of a cliff and glared out over the river in front of me.

"Hey," Legolas says, sitting down beside me.

"I know what I saw, Gandalf is letting his emotions get in the way," I sigh putting my head in my hands.

"I know, you wouldn't lie. Gandalf will probably leave to see the white wizard at some point, so don't worry about it," Legolas replies, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me closer to him.

"H-hey! What are you doing?" I ask him, trying to pull away from him.

"Stop struggling and just sit still," he orders me while keeping his arms tightly around me. I feel myself flush red as I give up. I couldn't deny that this felt nice.

"You should go with you brothers and sisters to Rotml," he tells me, I flinch and try to move away but he keeps me still, "just listen. I will go with you as well. But I think it's time you take their apologies and then see your parents. I also want to see Rotml because it's a kingdom that has never been easy to get to and we've only ever communicated with the lord and lady of Rotml through letter, but they also sent us soldiers in our time of need that turned to be your time as well. I'm afraid my home may have been the reason of your downfall. But I don't regret it because if that didn't happen, would I know you and be happy with you like I am now?"

"I guess so," I mumble to myself quietly, but I know he still heard me because I felt him chuckle silently and I'm sure I saw a small smile out of the corner of my eye.

Let me just stay like this for a while.

I don't know how long we sat there but by the time we had decided to move, nightfall had just rolled in.

"Ugh, I need food," I sighed, standing up and stretching. I turned to left but Legolas grabbed my hand and turned me around. He kissed me on the forehead before grabbing my hand and dragging me behind me.

"The hell are you doing?!" I exclaimed, slamming my hand on his back lightly. He let go of my hand and smiled at me as we continued walking back to the building. I don't know why, but his smile made me feel really warm and I know I was blushing, ah how embarrassing.

I managed to compose myself as we got back to the room. Everyone was sat around talking when we walked back in.

"Gandalf, I apologise for yelling at you," I apologise to him as I sit down across from him, Legolas taking the seat beside Arwen.

"I am also sorry, I sent word to Radagast. He told me he hasn't spoken with Saruman recently but last he did he sensed a small amount of darkness around him. That was years ago," Gandalf replies picking up a slice of bread. I grab an apple and start eating.

"I'm going to your stables," I say once I've finished my apple and grab another one.

"Do you even know where it is?" Elrond asked me, raising a brow.

"I'll find it, it's not that hard to talk to people as well," I say shrugging and standing up.

After wandering around the beautiful area for a while I finally find the stables and start an extensive search for h/n.

"h/n," I call out to him, I hear him shuffle and walk over to him.

"Hey boy," I jump into his stable and give him the apple I had picked up. He happily ate it and then lied down, I sit in front of his head and watched him breathe steadily.

"How do you feel about going home?" I ask him as I opened the stable door to let in the whining w/n on the other side. H/n looked at me like he was happy to go there, though he's never been there before.

"I guess it's settled then, we'll go to Rotml and meet my parents, maybe I'll forgive my siblings as well. A long trip like this would show me their true selves either way," I decide as w/n curled up on my lap and I push myself against the back wall.

I started to feel exhaustion take over and I end up falling asleep after a while, along with w/n and h/n. Just like when I was younger...

"Oh you're back," my younger self exclaims happily as a small pack of wolves walk into the premises of the cottage, "how are you all?"

They nudged their noses towards my hand and I hugged each of them before dropping down and sitting with them. My small form was leaning against a tree and there were two pups in my lap, the alpha and Luna of the pack were keeping an eye out and watching over their group who were all happily sleeping beside me.

The past me fell asleep along with the wolves around her. Sleeping so easily together, almost like I was part of their pack.

I wish things were as easy as they used to be.