16

Legolas' PoV

I looked at the girl in front of me, the girl was had just buried a mother and her pups and the girl who was nursing the only one that survived the dark mana, the only person who would run head first into those trees just to save a dying wolf and family.

Her hair may have changed but her kindness didn't, it was her and I knew it.

"Nin mellon,  na- ha cin? (my friend, is it you?)" I called out to the back of the girl, she stiffened before turning around and walking around the building. Maybe she isn't who I thought she was? Naturally we followed her to see her on her tippy-toes reaching for a herb that was up there, she managed to get it and straight after she turned to the small wolf pup and mushed some of the herb up and mixed it with water.

She then put it in front of the pup and knelt down on the floor in front of the bowel so she could see the pup. It didn't move so she nudged the bowl slightly.

"You need to drink it little man, or your health with deteriorate and you will die," she whispered to the pup quietly and sadly. Her voice, it is her, I didn't need convincing otherwise.

She sighed before standing up and putting the herbs back onto the shelf, while her back was turned, the pup weakly drank the liquid, she smiled a small smile before turning to us.

She looked different. Her eyes were dark and her hair was an assortments of purples, barely showing blonde hair that changed from her natural h/c.

"I told you not to look for me," she sighed, with that, I knew it was her.

Without thinking I ran to her and hugged her tightly, not letting go. I didn't want to, I was scared she was going to run away again, but this time, I wouldn't be able to find her. She didn't hug me back at first but then I felt her arms wrap around me as well and her face buried itself into my neck.

I could feel her sighing in frustration which made me chuckle. I let her go and took a step back before looking at her seriously.

"Don't ever do that again," I said, I didn't want her to fight alone. I wanted to fight beside her, as selfish as it sounds. I want her to be mine. She shook her head, before snapping her vision to the adorable little yapping. That was a quick recovery, what did she use?

She smiled brightly before walking over to the wolf and picking it up.

"I guess you need a name now," she said looking into it's emerald green eyes. Her horse wandered around the corner, obviously curious about the commotion that was going on.

"What do you think, h/n? What shall we call him?" she asked her horse, which was quite amusing but nice at the same time because I knew animals loved to hear the sound of their owners voices. It was soothing for them.

"How about w/n? You're a nice dark grey, you'll probably follow me around, so I think it's perfect!" she smiled and laughed a bit when her new friend jumped happily to his new name. How cute.

"Now you three, you must leave," she said replacing her previous emotion with a much more serious one.

"What happened to you?" Gandalf asked, his voice startled me because it was the first time I'd heard it for a good 10 or 15 minutes.

"There's no time to explain, they'll be here soon," she said as she picked up a bag and packed it full with all of her herbs that were on her shelf. She then buckled it and walked over to h/n and saddled him up before tying the bag to the saddle and putting w/n in a small pouch on the side. She then went inside and came back out with two bags.

One filled with berries and fruits. The other with books and charms. She tied them both onto the saddle and then went back inside, she came back out with one more bag which had paper and ink along with some feathers and stuff she could write with and some documents along with clothing and her cloak (which she put on after tying the final bag on). She wrote a note and pinned it to the door.

"Travellers,
Do not stay here it's very dangerous and dark.
~ the previous resident"

She then mounted her horse.

"Now leave! I'm travelling to Lady Galadriel so I can help my brother, although I wish not to admit it, they are family and no matter what happens I have to help them. Leave please and cleanse yourself of this dark aura," she looked at us with genuine concern in her eyes and a serious expression. She didn't want to part with us but she needed to.
I hopped on my horse as did Gandalf and Lord Elrond.

"Lord Elron, Gandalf, I shall go with her. You two go back home and send a message to my father and tell him I am with her," I said to them, they both agreed before telling me to be careful and riding off north. I rode next to her. I saw relief in her eyes but she did show her displeasure on her face.

"I told you to—" she started but I interrupted her.

"No. I'm coming no matter what you say, now let's ride. The darkness is getting closer," I said looking back to the trees. Dark messengers lurked in the trees. They were watching us. I felt slightly uncomfortable but started riding south. She followed reluctantly behind.

Please, I pray to the gods, that we make it to Lady Galadriel before disaster strikes.