15

"I told you, Legolas, I knew she wouldn't be here. It looks like time has eaten to this place, not to mention the darkness that has eaten all of the forest outside. No one in their right mind would stay here," I heard Elrond speak to Legolas.

"Doesn't hurt to try though?" Legolas' tired voice bounced off the walls, sadness instantly hit me as if it was just a massive wave that I couldn't avoid.

The memory of the kiss washed through me and my body involuntarily heated up slightly.

"Oh Legolas," I whispered very quietly to myself, looking outside the window next to me.

My eyes widened as I noticed the trees, they'd gone black. The leaves had fallen and started withering. A single tear slipped down my face.

Everything I had worked to keep, ended up dying anyway because the darkness is dominant no matter where I turn. In me, outside. In the trees. In the dark forest. Just everywhere.

Before I knew it, I sped of my perch and outside to the trees. I stood looking into the forest, hoping to see an animal of some kind. Anything. Nothing. Until I saw a small weak paw reach out. A smile spread across my face as I sprinted into the forest and picked the animal up before coming back out.

I laid it on the floor in front of me, it was a wolf. A weak mother protecting five pups although only one was still alive and it was the smallest one of them all. I naturally soothed the poor creature, stroking her head and whispering kind words to her until she finally passed and had joined her babies in the sky.

When I looked up, I saw Legolas, Lord Elrond and Gandalf all staring at me, as if to try figure out who I was.