24

The white orc.

"I thought you died," I said as I managed to gain control over my body.

"No I didn't, I'm glad you recognise me. I know you were at that battle all those years ago," he hissed.

"I was there, not fighting of course. Just viewing," I replied staying as far away from him as I possibly could.

"I noticed you on my way out of that battle, I wonder why you didn't fight. You're an elf aren't you?" He said as he raised his stumped arm.

"Of course I'm an elf, but the elves didn't fight. Plus I'm not a city elf, I'm an elf raised by two lords and a wizard," I say now stood firmly against a wall.

"You're probably wondering why you're here after I have attempted to get you twice and had men scouting you for a while, I'm sure you notice," he said smugly as he stood up and slowly started to approach me.

"You need to explain, let me go and then let everyone else go," I demand as he smiled sinisterly.

"Take her away," he orders as one of his slaves (or just a fellow Uruk-hai) grabbed my arm closest to it and dragged me away from the wall and back down the corridor to the cell where they still were.

"Sorry, we couldn't get out," James sighed.

"Such a naeg (such a pain), it's ok," I say switching my language quickly remembering that I wasn't around elves anymore.

"Can you teach us that language?" Jack asked me before grabbing my arm and saying a dragged out 'please.'

"Uh..you want to learn Sindarin?" I asked him confused.

"Is that what it's called?" Camryn asked, "I thought it was simply just elvish.."

"There's Sindarin, Quenya and Tengwar. I know Sindarin and quenya, Tengwar isn't that common. But sure, you can call it elvish one and elvish two and elvish uncommon," I laugh before sitting down.

"That's interesting," Lynn said.

"However, it may be hard for me to teach the adults because you're so used to your own language. But I can teach the children, they'll be young enough to learn basics that can get them around an elvish city simply," I inform them while thinking of the basic phrases and greetings.

"How can this help them for the future?" Camryn asked as he propped himself up against the wall.

"Well, if we get- No when we get out of here they'll be able to communicate with elves. Trust me, elves hate any kind that aren't their own, which says they can be quite snobby. If you know how to speak our language it gets you quite in a good place with the elves you're talking to. Though they will question how you learned our language but just say you knew an elf who taught it and that's the end to it and onto business we go," I say as memories from my language lessons with Elrond.

"Lord Elrond, mime esse na- y/n (Lord Elrond, my name is y/n)," my younger self says trying not to look at her phrases paper.

"Very close by my name would be Héru Elrond, which would then make the phrase 'Héru Elrond, mime esse na- y/n' (Lord Elrond, my name is y/n)," Elrond's younger self taught me.

"I'll teach you," I say to the boys who were watching me seriously.

"Yay!" They both cheered which was followed by a grunt from the Uruk-Hai's.

"Keep it down!" One of them yelled while slamming his sword against the bars.

"Why don't you!" I yell back causing a glare to be shot towards me and a growl.

"You can also speak their language?" Dannie asked me curiously.

"Yeah... I don't really know how I learnt that, they tried to jump me and then I just started speaking whatever language they speak. I wouldn't know how to teach it even if I did learn it so don't ask," I said laughing awkwardly near to the end.

"In~teresting," Dannie replied dragging the 'in' in interesting on longer than usual. Will I regret this? I thought to myself.