26

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" a large, muscly man was towering over Jake and Jack who had sat down at a table but was approached by another man who claimed it was his table. I just continued to eat, the adults were back in their rooms in the tavern we were staying in.

I went to pick my bowl up when Jack went flying over onto my table and breaking it in half due to the sudden extra weight.

"Mana a naicele (what a pain)," I mutter as I stand up and pull my cloak off and walk over to the man.

"Stop being a pain and sit and eat at a different table, I hope you're willing to pay for the destruction you have caused here," I say looking up at the man. He was unbelievably tall considering I was an elf and he was only a human. Maybe he's a half blood?

"Tch. You don't have anything on me, girl!" He growls, pushing me out of the way.

"Don't you touch me, human," I glare at him. He mirrored my expression before walking over to the keeper and throwing a bag of money on the side and then storming out of the tavern.

"You two are always causing problems," I sighed as I pulled Jack from the rubble and walked over to the keeper to give him some of my money as well.

"Sorry for the mess, we'll be out of you hair by the morning," I say to him as he looked between me and the ruined table.

"Thank you," he says before walking away to serve another guest.

"Come on you two, let's go to our room," I sigh while grabbing one ear on both of their heads and dragging them up the stairs.

"Ah! Get off," they both complained as we got in the room. The adults looked at us confused.

"What did they do?" Dannie asked, amusement lacing her tone.

"They just wrecked a table," I reply, flopping down on my bed.

"You two are so problematic. It's getting late, we should sleep and leave early," Camryn said as he climbed into his bunk.

Everyone agreed and once everyone got to their beds, I blew the candle out and that was it for the night.

°🍃°

Crash!

"What the-?" I woke up, startled awake by a loud noise coming from outside. The sun had only just started climbing up over the mountains. No one else had woken or were even close to stirring.

"What was that noise?" I asked no one in particular as I walked down to the entrance of the tavern. Outside were some elves who noticed me and started watching me from a far.

Not thinking I walked out of the tavern to tend to the horses.

"Hello h/n," I greet him while giving him an apple and walking to the other three horses and giving them an apple as well. I turn around to see all the people looking at me.

"Good morning," I say smiling and waving at them.

"Oh there you are," Lynn exclaimed, running over to me, "I woke up to get the horses ready when I realised you weren't in bed so I thought you may be out here or down by the market."

"Oh, yes. I woke up earlier to feed the horses and get them ready. Help me?" I respond while giving her a saddle.

She nodded and walked over to one of the horses and started saddling. Within a few minutes they were all successfully saddled.

"I'll go get the boys," I say as she started to put some bags on each horse.

"Hey sleepy heads! Were saddled and ready to go!" I yell through the door, after I started to walk back downstairs but was stopped by Jake who was glaring at me.

"You woke us too early," he snapped.

"I've been awake for ages so stop complaining, I let you sleep longer than I was going to," I say as I continued down the stairs.

"Hey, can I have a couple loaves of bread?" I ask the bar keep, he nodded and walked over to the other side of the bar and brought it over, once I'd payed I walked outside and gave everyone some of the bread and packed the rest away.

"y/n...where are we going exactly?" James ask once they were all on their designated horses.

"To the elvish city, Rivendell," I say as I put all my weapons into their satchels and made sure the arrows in my quiver were sharp and the feathers were perfectly in line.

"But we're human, and I'm sure they won't be thankful to see an elf bring a bunch of humans into their home," Jack says as they watch me jump onto h/n.

"It's ok, I know the Lord very well and Rivendell is actually one of the most accepting places, in my eyes. It's either that or they've lost their minds to help dwarves who're travelling," I say while tying my cloak around my shoulders.

"Should we send notice first?" Camryn asked me.

"There's no need, we'll never know which enemy may get a hold of it, and besides, we may change course," I say as we start moving.

We trotted past the other party of elves.

"Wait is that...?"