23

(Italics = Uruk-hai)

"Stay here," a large creature threw me behind a set of bars.

"Great hospitality," I yelled towards his leaving body. I sighed and then turned around nothing. It was empty, excluding the litter of bodies shivering.

"Wait! Why are you all here?" I asked them, frowning. There were four adults and two children, twins. They all sat up, noticing my presence. They looked at me scared until the adults realised I was no threat.

"We were... travelling and night started rolling in, we set up camp but didn't realise we were in Uruk-Hai territory and they found out camp and dragged up here. We.....have been through a lot while here. People who used to be in the cell across and one to the left managed to escape but.... didn't take us with them... elves I think they were," a man said walking forward, he was a human, no half human, half elf. Bruised and scarred.

"Who are you?" I ask, sitting down against the wall opposite them, they sat down as well, getting comfortable, huddling together.

"I'm Camryn, this is my wife, Lynn, my brother, James and Lynn's sister, Dannie," he said introducing the adults, they all said their respective greetings and then Camryn continued talking, "these two are my son's Jack and Jake, as you can tell their identical twins but you'll find Jake is quite moody when you get to know him, they both trust well but Jake doesn't like to admit it and he gets a bit grumpy when we tease him about it."

He chuckled at the end of his introduction, I smiled.

"Well I'm y/n, an elf. I do have family but... you can tell they aren't with me so there's no point introducing them to you," I say laughing slightly awkwardly but stop as soon as I see a soldier striding down the corridor, I glare at him as he got closer to us, he stops at our cell and opens the gate, I jump up and stand in front of him.

"Free us now," I yell at him.

"I'm not here for you, now move," he replied before harshly pushing me to the side and then striding towards the family and grabbing one of the twins.

Camryn, of course, fought back but the soldier threw him away, Lynn rushed to his side and Dannie helped her look him over while James pulled the other twin behind him and stood in front of the Uruk-Hai. I winced as I stood back up. I looked at the gate then to the monster, back to the gate.

I sighed before running towards him, jumping onto his shoulders and bending backwards a bit so he'd stumble back to the extra weight on his shoulders. I grabbed the bars and swung myself around the exit and onto the floor.

"Get yourselves out!" I yell as I ran in the opposite direction to the stairs, my only way out was behind me and I was running away from it, quickly.

"10 minutes ago I was wanting to escape, now I'm helping an escape... how things have turned," I mumbled as I sprinted down the corridor, that's when I saw it. Down the hall. To the right. It was just sat there. Smiling at me in a malicious way.

"Glad you could join us," he said, his voice cold and mocking, it forced me to freeze... the Uruk-hai grabbed my frozen body and threw me in there, the dark room. I panicked inside, I hate this feeling, I just want to escape...