34

"I don't like it," I mumbled to myself as I walked around the courtyard of the palace. Earlier today they had taken me to a room and forced me to bathe and change into some horrible dress. Not only that but they took all my weapons and forbade me to even carry anything sharp.

"You don't like what?" Samuli asked, walking up behind me. Dressed in a fancy white and gold suit. Hands held together behind his back as he walked beside me.

"This," I say gesturing to everything.

"What in particular?" He asked, smiling at me.

"This place, the dress, I hate dresses. Not being able to have anything sharp on me. Azreal living here. And oh the coincidence that the king and queen just happened to be on the other side of that rock waiting there," I listed a few of my concerns.

"Well about Azreal, you can't change that can you? The clothing, you can change. You can easily ask for some clothing similar to your others. The weapons, I'm unsure, you probably look like a threat to anyone around. Finally, is it bad that our parents were there, waiting?" He asked me.

Stopping in front of a fountain.

"It's weird and am I actually that scary?" I ask laughing a little. He laughed along with me.

"Of course, if you weren't my sister, I'm sure I wouldn't have approached you ever," he replied smiling, "are you finally accepting us?"

"I'm trying to," I smile a little before taking a deep breath and looking at him. I opened my mouth to say something when a black arrow came soaring towards Samuli. I quickly pushed him out of the way, while grabbing his sword at the same time and slicing the arrow in half. It dropped to the floor in two perfect slices.

"Thank you," Samuli whispered, shocked and trembling.

"I think I need my weapons back," I hiss angrily. Guards came running to our side and looked at me and then the arrow, then Samuli.

"You need to look for the enemy. They're around and I need to speak with your king," I spoke, glaring as I began to walk. Samuli was quick to walk with me, taking his sword back.

"I owe you," he said as we entered the throne room.

"Of course," I agree as everyone turned to look at me, I was angry and I was sure I was overflowing with rage.

"Samuli almost got shot with a black arrow today. I managed to intercept it... with his blade! I need my weapons back. Not only that but, I really struggled swinging that sword with this annoying dress. I need my clothes back. Also your guards suck at their jobs. You need to sort that out. Oh and, why were your-" I was basically yelling at them but Samuli puts his hand over my mouth.

"What she means is, she'd like all her weapons back and she'd like clothing as comfortable as her last," he interrupted. Dropping his hand from my mouth and putting both of his hands on my shoulders, smiling. I just kept glaring at the people in front of me.

"Dear-" the king began.

"Don't call me dear," I interrupted.

"Ok, y/n. You have to understand, you are in my kingdom which means you have to look elegant for the citizens before us and, y/n, the guards don't believe you should be allowed anything that could cause damage," he continued. I clenched my fists tightly.

"Why don't you just kick me out then, I'd much rather face the Uruk-Hai's with just my fists again, or I'd rather free myself from hanging than be here, in a dress without any means of defending myself," I snap, remembering the times I'd fought alone, "I've been alone for as long as I can remember. And alone I can go back to."