36

Legolas' breathing ceased, I felt myself sobbing uncontrollably. All outside sound ceased to reach my ears. I could only hear myself crying.

I laid his body gently onto the floor and put my hands on my knees, looking down at them. Covered in blood and poison. Someone touched my shoulder and knelt down next to me. Whoever it was, pulled me into a hug. I looked at them, long white hair. It was Thranduil.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't protect him," I cried as I grabbed the back of his clothes and hugged him, not letting go. I felt something cold hit the side of my neck. He was crying. I looked up to see Gandalf and Elrond stood solemnly, close to tears.

My siblings didn't really know what to do, they stood there looking down sadly. Suddenly I pull myself away from Thranduil and looked at him, this face was not one I was familiar with, it was one that made me angry to see. I looked back at Legolas' body and stopped crying. I wiped my tears and returned to his side, grabbing his hand and glaring at him.

"This is not your time," I say quietly as a light purple glow began to emerge from our hands.

"y/n! No, stop!" I heard Mirulan yell.

"Yes please stop!" Samuli agreed.

They ran towards us but a dark dome appeared around us. The purple glow began to gain strength as I started loosing it. Thranduil, Elrond and Gandalf rushed to the side of the dome.

"y/n, listen. If you do this you'll damage him eternally. You and him will never be able to live in peace," Gandalf said urgently. I nod.

"That's why I'm giving him my last breath," I reply. They must've understood because they started yelling and screaming angrily. The purple glow suddenly took over the whole dome, my vision was stolen away. I couldn't hear anything. My senses stopped and I felt my body fall to the ground, everything shut down. I felt nothing.

3rd Person PoV

Y/n's body crashed beside Legolas'.

The light cleared and the dome disappeared. Lord Thranduil and Lord Elrond quickly recovered and rushed to the two young elves sides. Gandalf recovered and knelt down at both of their heads. He hovered his hands over each of them.

"Nothing," he mumbles sadly.

"No!" Thranduil exclaimed angrily. A gasp was heard as if someone was breathing for the first time again. Everyone's view reached to the boys body. Legolas had returned back to his living state.

"Legolas!" Thranduil exclaimed as his pulled him up and hugged him tightly. Legolas hadn't noticed y/n yet, but when his father and him separated, tears fell from his face against his will.

"y/n?" He asked the lifeless girl, shaking her shoulder before turning away and looking up, "what did she do?"

"She transferred the last of her life to you," Mirulan told them, he was stood watching on, guilt filled and extremely upset that his sister had used her life for this.

"What? Why?" Legolas asked, looking at Mirulan annoyed.

"Because she didn't want you to die! She wanted you to continue living! So live! Live the life she was supposed to!" Mirulan snapped before turning around and walking away, "don't waste it!"

Legolas just looked down at his lovers body. Crushed. He picked her up, he head hanging limply over one arm and her legs over the other. He started walking back through the kingdom. Citizens walked out of their homes to see if the commotion has finished and the safety had returned.

"Isn't that the youngest twin, y/n?"

"What happened?"

"Did she get killed?"

"Stop whispering and be respectful."

People were whispering everywhere before the king and Queen approach.

They saw y/n in Legolas' arm and break down, the king was fairly disheveled after fighting closely, he looked at her body angrily and sadly.

The queen who'd been shooting from behind her partner had blood splatters amongst her white dress and was messy, she sobbed. The other siblings stood from behind Legolas to behind the king and Queen as comfort.

"I apologise, but today, Princess y/n of Rotml has passed," Gandalf's voice echoed for miles, it was shaky and obvious that he was holding back tears. All the elves exited their homes and stood along the paths, crossing their right hand over to their left shoulder and bowing their head.

There was just rows of elves on every street paying their respects, prayers and thanks to the lost Princess of their home. Lord Thranduil and Elrond both knelt down and crossed their hands and bowed their heads.

Gandalf copied the two elvish leaders as Legolas placed y/n on the ground and knelt down on one knee, copying the bow.

"May she be at peace now," Legolas mutters before everyone returned back to their normal standing positions.

"Please bring her this way," Castiel says, smiling sadly at Legolas who pulls her back into his arms, they all follow Castiel. Interested with what he was going to do until they entered the city centre, a large courtyard with a large stone table in the centre. The table wasn't used for anything, occasionally used for helping with stalls, but that was rare.

He jumped up and beckoned Legolas to join him. The elves both stand in the centre, elves all crowding around interested in what was happening. Legolas places her cold body onto the surface and Castiel kneels next to her.

He waved his hand over her body, starting from her feet until he finished at her head. Her clothes changed to those of an elegant dress, all her cuts and bruises had disappeared, her hair was cleaned and rebraided. She had been completely cleaned up. Her weapons also appeared next to her.

He then stood up and hovered his hand over her, a glass case appears and covers her.

"What is that?" Legolas asked, reaching to touch it, to find it was completely solid and unmovable.

"This stone is eternal stone," Castiel started (a/n: this is completely made up pfft), "which means, this is an eternal resting place. She will never be harmed again or even rot."

"Why would you want to keep her body here like a trophy?" Legolas asked annoyed with the explanation.

"She's not a trophy. It's a memory," Castiel hops down and looks at Legolas, "look I understand that she meant a lot to you, but, she had hold of dangerous magic and we cannot let that be free. In this case, no one and nothing can get in, no one and nothing can get out. Plus, we can all now say she has a grave. May it be for a reason of keeping her magic away from the world or not, she still has a place where we can all visit her."

"Sounds like a prison for the dead to me," Legolas sighed as he jumped off and stood beside his father.

"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Either way, this is where she was born, it was where she died, it is the place she shall rest," Castiel said. Gandalf moved to the front and waved his hand, an assortment of flowers appeared around her and on top of the casing.

"As the girl with no home."