28

Castiel's PoV

This ride that we've been for two days so far has been suffocating, y/n and Legolas have been riding at the front of the group. Legolas, at least, acknowledges us, however, y/n certainly doesn't. She just sits in silence.

"Hey, Mirulan, do you remember the way home?" Vanes asked Mirulan, it was a question we all wanted an answer to.

"Hm, I know the way to the southern mountain that's near there but to the kingdom directly... I can't remember," he sighed, thinking deeply once he'd finished talking.

"That's a shame. I really want to go home," I sigh turning my head back forward to see y/n and Legolas talking together in Sindarin. I don't know Sindarin! Our home kingdom speaks Quenya, speaking of I'm sure she spoke in Quenya once, how does she know both languages?

I was deep in thought when Mirulan grabbed the reins to my horse and pulled us back as an arrow goes speeding through the space where my head previously was.

"Oh my.. thank you big brother," I say, taking the reins back.

"No problem, now ride. Fast!" He ordered, his horse charging forward. Y/n and Legolas were still doing a steady trot like it was nothing.

"What are they doing?" Karla asked, we all shrugged.

"Hello! We're being attacked!" I yelled, waving my arms in their direction to try get their attention as another arrow comes flying out towards them Legolas successfully sliced it in half before it hit them though.

"Dwarves," y/n mumbled as she jumped off her horse.

"What? Y/n get back on your horse!" Laron yelled at her as Legolas jumped off his horse as well and grabbed both the horses reins as y/n investigates the trees. After a couple minutes of searching she found something... no someone and dragged them out of the tree line by his hair.

"Oof!!" The boy winced as she threw him onto the ground in front of the horses.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked him, crouching down in front of his flopped body.

"...nothing..." he replied, jumping up and dusting himself down. Legolas quickly pulled out his sword and placed it on the dwarves neck.

"Don't try anything funny. Get the rest of your group out here," he ordered, the dwarf, terrified, nodded and whistled. A few moments passed before the rest of his group finally walked out of the trees.

"What are ye doin' lad?" The bigger dwarf asked, I saw Samuli cringe beside me.

"I hate it when they don't speak properly," he whispered to me.

"Yeah, it's weird," I agree with him watching the scene unfold in front of us.

??? PoV

I heard hooves trot across the grass behind me and thought it was the traitors we were hunting down so I pulled back my arrow and shot forward, I heard it land safely in the ground.

"Damn, I missed," I muttered to myself, moving closer as the horses seemed to speed up. I pulled my bow back again and shot another arrow but this time I heard it get sliced into two. It was that moment that I realised they weren't who I thought they were.

A girls face started looking around the trees so I hid behind a large oak, thinking she'd passed I walked out from behind the tree but felt someone grab hold of my hair and yank me out of the trees then throw my roughly to the floor.

"Oof," I looked up to see seven, no, eight elves all looking at me. The girl who'd pulled me out of the shadows crouched down in front of me.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked me, her voice was hostile and hurt my ears a bit.

"...nothing..." I hesitated as I jumped off the ground and brushed all the dirt from the clothing, I was going to start walking away when I felt someone cold quickly touch my neck. Now I was stuck between a blade and another elf.

"Don't try anything funny. Get the rest of your group out here," he demanded, pressing the blade against my neck more and more as he spoke. I gave in and did the high to low whistle to call the rest of the group.

"What are ye doin' lad?" The head dwarf of our mission asked me.

"I shot two arrows thinking they were who we were looking for but it turns out it wasn't..." I sighed as the blade was pressed against my neck harder, I felt a bit of liquid slither down my shirt, blood no doubt.

"Ok that's enough Legolas, you'll kill him," the girl told the boy behind me, why do I recognise his name. Legolas...legolas... oh!

"You're Lord Thranduil's son?" I asked him, quickly distancing myself from him as he pulls the blade away from my throat.

"What's it to do with you?" He asked me, glaring down at me.

"Nothing really but there was a notice that spreading around taverns... the Lord is searching for his son who irrationally left home to find a girl who was snatched away from him a few years ago," I said recalling the notice on the taverns notice board. The girl beside him raised an eyebrow towards him.

"I don't know what you're talking about, kid," he says to me. My mouth dropped open and I suddenly felt really defensive.

"Hey I'm not a kid!" I exclaimed as I march towards him but was held back by the commander.

"Please have mercy on this idiot," he says throwing me behind him.

"I'm in a good mood so sure, don't bother us again please," the girl says, jumping onto her horse. How arrogant. I glared at them as they started riding away again.

"Are you really going to let them go after the way they manhandled me?" I asked him angrily.

"Uh..yes? They're elves and even though there's more of us, they have a better advantage anyway, now come on, we have a job to complete," he replies pushing me back into the forest.

"This is stupid," I mumble to myself as the sound of hooves slowly disappear from ear shot.

An arrow barely missed me.

"Sir I've found them!" I yell as I pull out my sword and rush in to restrain the traitors.

Legolas' PoV

This ride has started to become a burden, but I guess it's ok because I have her here, finally.