13

I blinked, once, twice. Three times. My eyes slowly focused onto the marble ceiling above me, I'm back in the Mirkwood, after realising this I shot up suddenly giving the healers, Gandalf, Thranduil, Legolas and them a heart attack, or something close to that. I instantly regretted it as pain shot through my head but quickly subsided as I stood up and walked to the window. I looked out and scanned the surrounding area.

"Urak-Hai, want me, why does that make me think life isn't going to be as simple as it is already. They know I'm alive, they'll kill everyone here," I mumbled to myself, "I must leave!"

I saw Thranduil's, Gandalf's and Legolas' eyes widen and narrow.

"You aren't going anywhere, young lady," Gandalf said loudly, probably hoping to make me rethink my decision as it usually does for everyone else under attack from his manner of importance.

"I'm leaving, and besides, didn't I tell them that I was going to go back to wherever they came from?" I asked looking at him, recalling the whole moment, hours before. Was it hours? Was it days? Oh lord...

"Wait! How long was I out? If you tell me that it's longer than a couple hours I will chop your fingers off," I said seriously.

"A day," Legolas said mirroring my seriousness, I pulled out my dagger and started walking to him before he put his hands up, laughed and said:

"I'm joking! You were out for an hour, an hour and a half at the most." I nodded happy with that answer before putting my dagger back in its place in my boot.

°🍃°
3 hours later_

After saddling up my horse, who I called h/n, I went back inside to pack up, as I was finishing with my bag I heard the door have a light knock.

" Minn-! (enter)" I called out as I slung my cloak around my shoulders, as I pinned my cloak together two strong arms wrapped around my shoulders from behind. I sighed.

"Im begon, nin mellon, dorth-? (I beg, my friend, stay?)" I heard Legolas' voice echo around the room as he dropped his face in the crook of my neck. I slipped under his arms and looked at him square in the eye.

"Baw! Cin'll all bel- if im dorth- hi! (No! You'll all die if I stay here!)" I raised my voice. I had grown really attached to this place recently and I really didn't want to leave not knowing when I'll ever return... He looked at me seriously before walking past me out onto the moonlit balcony (a/n. cliqué I know...), I rolled my eyes before walking out to join him.

I still hadn't tied my hair from a high pony tail, back into my usually braid so the hair was attacking my face as it swung around to the beat of my walk pattern. As I reached the outside I leaned on the railing, looking out through the rows of dead and infected trees.

"You know, the only reason I am willingly leaving here is because I don't want you and everyone else to be attacked and killed because of me," I said as I watched a bird soar through the sky and cut through the moon.

"I know. I just don't want you to go and potentially die," he said, joining me at the rail, "oh and the ancient wizard won't let me go."

We both laughed at his comment before falling silent. The only thing that could be heard was the sound of a single cricket just chirping somewhere in the trees. I turned around to face Legolas to see him already facing me. (A/n: sorry all, cringe alert right here).

Without warning he placed his hands on my cheeks, the clouds that covered the moon separated and released a glow of light over us as he leaned in spoke softly.

"I love you and I don't want you to get hurt," he leaned in and planted the sweetest kiss on my lips, my first kiss. Sparks spread through my lips then my head and my body as he pulled me closer to him.

But as my brain registered what was happening I managed to push him away, my hair had fallen out and was sitting awkwardly around my back and head. I looked at him, slightly shook my head and did a really quick elvish bow before rushing out of the room, I don't know where I was going to go but I knew it wasn't going to be there.

I used to hate him. I used to hate Legolas. But after our duel, after I almost killed him... what changed? How did we get like that so fast?

After wandering I ended back at the stables, then I knew what I was going to do. I walked to h/n, hopped on, then rode him to the market area, bought a ton of leaf bread and random fruits then went to a different section of the market place, my smithery, I emptied the place out of most of my good equipment and arrows, placed them in different sheaths and attached them to h/n's saddle before writing a note:

'Friends,
I will be leaving tonight as I now have broke all emotional attachments to the place and don't want them to reform. I will meet the 'siblings' when I have figured out what the dark is doing. Do not attempt to find me as I will have
a search block. Thank you for your hospitality.
-y/n'

Then I pined it to the smithery door with one of my favourite daggers (I don't know why) and then riding off back in the direction of my previous home, 'the girl with no home' 's Home. Back to the wilderness I go...