14

It has been around 40 years since I left to travel on my own, I blocked my memories so I couldn't start remembering my past as much as I already had, you know, after learning that my brother was dying because of me and my remembering. I've been training (mentally, physically and spiritually) and because of this I can control my dark magic really well, or better than I originally could. However, it's been getting stronger and the Urak-Hai and Orcs could sense my power.

10 years ago, the Misty Mountain fell to the claws of a dragon, I would be lying if I said that I attempted to prevent him from going. I met Smaug while I was travelling along the north side of the Grey Mountains, where of course, I bumped involuntarily into the great worms, large worms that seem to be like dragons, although dragons do reside there. I obviously didn't think about that fact as I ventured into the misty area. I say that I didn't attempt stopping him as the Dwarves were, and still are, greedy creatures.

They dug too far below ground and release a dark creature, Balrog, when he was released creatures all over (that had a strong enough magical entity) sensed him and some went searching. I'm taking a guess Smaug found him, he sent him away and destroyed the dwarves kingdom they had strategically created (a/n: ok i can't remember whether that happened or not so just go along with it, it's my twist).

The mountain is now empty and boring, I visited it once with the dwarves in and it was bustling with life and excitement, then I visit regularly now to find large empty ruins in which Smaug sleeps in blissfully without any problems. Why do I go there? Quite simply, I make sure Smaug is asleep every 5 months so that the small lake town at the bottom of the mountain don't feel the wrath of his again.

Either way, I live in a small cottage in the middle of the neutral territory, the small cottage that I was living in before everything. Yes, the trees around me are slowly becoming corrupt but I always go out at some point once every month and draw out some of my natural elvish energy and replace the dark energy around me with it. That elvish energy usually keeps the stronger trees going for about a year or two and the smaller, weaker trees and plants about half a year maybe a month more if the darkness around was a bit weaker. However, the more dark energy I take in the more I change. I noticed my change after doing this for about 3 months.

I woke up, it's another normal and boring day.

As I stretched my sleepy and aching bones in my arms and back I walked down from my little platform and walked in front of my mirror, as I do every single day, but something caught my eyes so I walked backwards back into view of the mirror. My usual (h/c) hair (that was in a really messy state) now had streaks of different shades of purples and really dark pinks, how strange... I moved my hair, rubbed my eyes and cleaned the mirrors multiple times but no matter what I did, it showed my hair was real and not an illusion.

"Wha--?" I asked before hearing voices approach from outside.

"Just stay in the cottage for the night and we'll leave in the morning, we won't live through that storm!" I quickly climbed up to my platform, and time for my day to actually start...

Ever since that day different types of things happen to my body, like I'm starting to get random markings appear on my torso and my hair is really light blonde (which arguably could be white in some lighting) with a bunch of purple and dark pink streaks. I actually quite like it to be completely honest.

I haven't seen anyone from my past in a while though, no one. Not even Gandalf when he's travelling. It makes me think they've completely forgotten me... now I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it isn't! It's what I wanted. But it makes me a bit sad because we've been through so much together and I didn't know I was so expendable...

Anyway to say during my time by myself wasn't worthless, is an understatement. As I already knew I have really expanded on my knowledge of my dark and light magic together, but I've also come so far in a cook and blacksmith light. I have mastered the ancient forge prints and I can even create my own different kind of styles.

I have also learned how to make food out of the limited resources around me and I can now, definitely recognise a poisonous plant from a non-poisonous plant, it was difficult at first and I may or may not have made myself ill on multiple occasions, however, it was worth it and I can also measure the light magic counts for plants. Blah blah, yeah, a plant has light magic so do trees, anything that breathes, except humans.

They're just basically worthless because they can't do anything that's not:

•drinking

•arguing

•fighting

•eating

•sleeping

•doing their business etc...

So yeah they're only good companions. Actually, they're not even that, they get in the way while you're fighting. One moment you're risking your life for yourself, next thing you know, you're risking your neck for the idiot that managed to annoy some orcs or trolls or even their own family. Simply irritating actually.

"Well, this is the last place to check but I wouldn't have thought she'd come to such an obvious place to hide away in," I heard a shaky voice bounce off the walls, I was in my basement, well, I added that in so instead of being cooped up in the roof on that really uncomfortable support beam that could buckle any moment.

Only I know how to get down here and from the voice, I know it's Gandalf. They were still searching for me... wait they're only just coming here...? How strange....