5

After riding for 5 and a half days we finally arrived in a very nice, green forested area. Rivers were streaming through the village we had just passed over territory of.

"Welcome to Mirkwood," Lord Thranduil announced our presence like it was some sort of festival opening. Slightly amusing. The air around Lord Thranduil changed from one on equal ground to us, to a high importance, so did Lord Elrond's, the sudden power change was overwhelming.

"Don't worry, Lady y/n. They're just taking their roles as leaders, don't feel uncomfortable around them," Gandalf explained smiling at me. Where the heck did 'lady y/n' come from? I haven't been called that in so many years...

We continued riding through the village, after crossing over into the territory where they changed from kind to leader I had pulled the hood of my cloak over my head because I felt strange being around other elves.

After riding around curves and a maze of trees, we seemed to finally make it to the main area, which was in a large impressive marble building. We dismounted our horses, they were taken away and I followed the Lords and Gandalf into the building.

I couldn't help but stare at the layout of the interior of the building. It was a string of areas connected to white stone stairs and trees somehow grown inside the building, some of the areas must've been homes, the rest, cells. Some were filled, the majority not. It was such a peaceful place, cancelling out the distant screaming and yelling coming from the lower levels.

I jogged to catch up to the Lords and Gandalf as I'd somehow fallen behind them during my aweing of the interior. We walked further into the kingdom, climbing about four flights of platforms and stairs before reaching a large platform that posed as some sort of a throne room, that was a guess, considering the two chairs that just screamed 'power' and 'important person.'

Gandalf stopped me and Lord Elrond as Lord Thranduil walked over to a guard, they were talking too quiet for me to hear so I didn't bother using my elvish hearing because it's rude to eavesdrop, or that's what I grew up understanding for six years, after that it was just for survival so it didn't matter whether I eavesdropped, now it does so time to kill these habits.

"My son will join us soon," Lord Thranduil announced, we all acknowledged his statement before standing in silence again. It was starting to get quite uncomfortable so I wandered around in a small circle on the platform, occasionally looking over the edge or up towards the ceiling.

"-yes's trulime magnificent (It's truly magnificent)," I finally said, turning to the three smiling faces.

"Welcome ana mime mardi, mellon (welcome to my home, friend)," Lord Thranduil said to me before the smile turned into a serious face.

"Mime yondo! (my son!)" Lord Thranduil exclaimed, placing his right hand over his heart and bowing his head slightly. Gandalf and Lord Elrond did the same, I wasn't facing the same way they were so I didn't know who this guy was, I did know that he was definitely Lord Thranduil's son because of his power. I turned around as Lord Thranduil started introducing me.

"Legolas, sina na- mime palan allime, y/n. (Legolas, this is my distant ally, y/n.)" Lord Thranduil said giving me his hand, I slowly took it and walked to stand next to him. I pulled my hood down and did the same motion the other three had a few moments before.

I looked up to be greeted by an extremely handsome elf. He had light platinum hair, blue eyes, he was dressed in green and brown garb, bearing a bow obviously from here in Mirkwood and a semi long white knife, the end was slightly pointing through the bottom of his sheath. He returned my gesture by mirroring my action.

"Ni am y/n - please, ni'm vamme used ana other elves so excuse mime awkwardness (I am y/n - please, I'm not used to other elves so excuse my awkwardness)," I explained to him, slightly smiling.