9

A month later_

I've started recalling memories I didn't knew existed like, Mirulan isn't actually the eldest brother I knew him as, I actually had another older brother who was the first to be slaughtered on the day my kingdom fell. It surprised me.

I have been in Mirkwood for a while now, I learned that it wasn't always Mirkwood, it used to be Greenwood, but had it's name changed to Mirkwood because a dark presence has shifted the way nature works around here. Such as, the trees are dying and it looks like a swamp in some places.

Also that Legolas' mother is dead, it was a tragic end to her life. I'm not trying to sound disrespectful but he didn't seem too sad about it, but then again he always wears a cold stone hearted face. Almost like he's trying to mirror my expression all the time. I do not appreciate it.

"Gandalf!!" I whined to Gandalf who was sat opposite me at the dinner table. I had now flopped down onto the table, some of my hair had fallen into my potato soup.

"What is it now, child?" he asked looking at me with quite the amused expression.

"When are we going to go to Riverdell, you keep saying soon, but when is soon!" I asked, flustered. Gandalf simply stood up, pulled my hair out of the soup and dried it off with a cloth before grabbing my arm and pulling me off the chair. I followed him out to the balcony.

"When is when I say," he replied.

"Not another riddle. Why can't you just answer? Is it because of the dark magic in me?" I asked looking to the ground sadly, he nodded slightly.

"I am working on it. I promise we will leave soon, I feel like I'm close to the answer we need for you to exit this dark magic bond. But until then I need you to keep learning to control it, it may come in handy one day..." he mumbled the last bit, but my super elf hearing picked it up.

"Eh? It doesn't matter, I'm off to seek Legolas, will you come along?" I asked looking at his solemn expression.

"No, I must meet Lord Thranduil," he responded following me back into the building, I nodded and did the traditional elvish bow, crossing my right hand over my heart and bowing my head to him, which he responded with a light nod before we both separated.

I searched for about 5 minutes before I finally found Legolas, he was on the boarder having an argument with some travellers.

"Nin mellon, what na- i ron? (my friend, what is the matter?)" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder to get his attention. He tensed before turning around and looking at me.

"Hin hooded travellers claim na n- searching an someone a seek an audience with nin adar (These hooded travellers claim to be searching for someone and seek an audience with my father)" he replied, I raised my brow.

"Unfortunately, Lord Thranduil is in an important meeting at the moment, please whatever you need, confide in me instead. I am a good friend of Lord Thranduil's," I walked past Legolas and addressed them directly. They all took their hoods down, revealing themselves as elves.

"Would you be able to direct us to our sister?" the boy in the middle asked as he jumped off his horse.

"And she would be?" I asked, crossing my arms and raising my brow.

"Princess y/n of Rotml, the fallen but still fully functional kingdom," he replied. My heart started pounding and I could think straight.

"A-and you would need her w-why?" I stuttered, stumbling over my words due to nervousness.

"As we said she's my sister, well our sister and we are trying to find her," the boy replied.

"You will find that y/n is in the mountains, in a small cottage where her family left her. She's known as the girl with no home. But I wouldn't be surprised if she had left already. Or maybe even forced away, anything could happen in neutral territory," I replied, looking down sadly, "now you have our response, now please leave."

I turned to leave but felt someone grab my hand, I turned to see a girl, the youngest of them. She looked like me... Karla?

"Please! We need her, our brother is dying and I miss her so much, you must know what it's like to miss family. You look like a warrior!" She exclaimed.

"Yes I do know, but I've been alone for years, only knowing those who come and leave everyday, so please do not distract us with such useless matters when we have more pressing matters to be focussing our attention on," I said sternly, delivering a cold glare to her before shaking her grip off my arm. I had started walking away, looking at some notes a guard had given me a couple moments before this whole predicament when I heard something I didn't expect:

"y/n, I know that's you. Seler, please túl at- ana us (sister, please come back to us)," I looked at her surprised before regaining a cold, dead expression.

"Even if I was this y/n you are talking about, why would I come with you in the first place? Legolas," I asked before turning to legolas, he nodded to the calling of his name, "make sure they leave the land, if they refuse to leave, imprison them."

I was being blunt and straight forward, just how I was supposed to act in these situations.

I am right, aren't I?

Am I doing the right thing..?

They.... are my family after all...