31

I woke up with an aching neck. Did I really fall asleep here? I let out a low grumbled as I wake w/n up and stand up. I stretched and clicked my bones before opening the stable door and letting both me and w/n out.

"Oh you're awake," Elrond points out to me as I walked into the main building again. I yawned and rubbed my neck.

"I don't feel like I'm even alive. Give me 'til noon," I reply as I sit down and flop my head onto the table.

"Ah no can do, you're going to set off to Rotml in a couple hours," he tells me, placing an apple in front of me and giving w/n some apple slices.

"I forgot about that. By the way, why didn't you move me?" I asked him as I started eating. Elrond laughed.

"We tried to but w/n had a different idea," he tells me, patting w/n's head as he sat in the chair beside me, "Gandalf has gone to Saruman but he wanted me to remind you that you need to accept your family and stop being so hostile."

"No way that old man only cares about my bonds! He needs to get a new cause to focus on!" I yell as I suddenly stand up in protest.

"That woke you up," Elrond laughed before passing me a familiar blade.

"My sword..where did you...how did you? What?" I stumbled over my words as I picked it up to see it was in the same shape as before.

"They were sent to me. All of your weapons," he says as he points over his shoulder. My weapons were hanging on the wall. I quickly removed the horrible human weapons from their places and then reequiped myself with my own weapons.

Once they were all in place, all my daggers, arrows, swords, bow, everything was in place I felt absolutely free and like myself once again. It felt fantastic!

"I've never felt like myself so much as I do now!" I exclaimed happily, "Thank you so much Elrond!"

"No problem, you're basically a daughter to me, as I'm sure to Thranduil and Gandalf. You've grown to be a great elf, y/n. Keep striving to be the best you can, ok?" He left once telling me this. I frown. That was weird.

"Oh well, come on w/n. Let's go get h/n and meet the others," I say as I walk out of the building, w/n following by my side.

I saddle h/n up and then start riding out of the city. I catch up in no time but I was riding along a cliffs ledge compared to the others who were riding on the flat ground many tens of feet below me.

"Legolas!" I yell as I recognise his hair blowing behind him. Everyone look up to the ledge where me and h/n were speeding along, w/n running ahead of us. I could see them all muttering amongst themselves and wasn't watching the road in front of me take a tight turn right.

It was a last minute manoeuvre but I managed to get me and h/n to turn quickly. That would've been tragic I cringed slightly as I continued riding, focusing only on w/n and the road in front of me.

After hours of riding up on the ledge I slide jump off it as it got closer to the ground for a bearable jump. Once I landed I jumped of h/n and stood at the bottom of the cliff, w/n jumped down and landed in my arms.

"Good boy," I pat his head and get back onto h/n. I continued riding until I met Legolas and the others at an opening to a cliff.

I slow down as I reach them and jump off h/n and walk him to the other horses. W/n started whining.

"What?" I asked him as I kneeled down in front of him. He continued to whine and the started lifting his paw at me.

"Do you need a drink, little man?" I ask him as I pull out my water bottle and pour water into my hands. He happily drank out of my hands and then curled up beside h/n who had slumped down onto the floor. I walk over to Legolas and the others and sat down.

"You couldn't even wait just five more minutes?" I ask as I sit down on a log next to Karla.

"We waited for ages. But Legolas said you'd catch up at some point, so we left," Samuli tells me as he passed me an apple.

"Well he wasn't wrong," I agree and start eating, grabbing two apple and walking over to h/n and w/n and giving them both one each. W/n needs to eat meat or he's going to die from lack of nutrients but I'm not a hunter so I don't know how I'm supposed to get him meat.

I'll teach him to hunt and then I'll have to separate from him. No matter how much it'll hurt me and him, he must learn to be a wolf and not a pet. I sigh in frustration.

"Come on, you need to rest! You've been riding a terrible trail for a while!" Legolas yells to me. I shake my head and jump into a tree, sitting there.

"I haven't done this is a while either," I mumble to myself as I stared out into the forest. The breeze is so nice up here.