19

Leoglas' PoV

My eyes opened slightly, letting the sun steam in before squinting them closed again, contemplating whether I should risk the world yet or not. After a while I decide to get up, I see a canopy overhead and a small shadow of smoke, my senses alert I quickly shot up, my eyes widened in shock as a large amount of pain shot up my back.

Wait... How am I alive? I thought I was dying.... I felt fresh, like I was just reborn.

"Am I dead?" I whisper to myself before hearing the sound of birds and someone walking to the beats of their whistles. Looking out of the safety that was my canopy covered land, I saw a girl.

Her hair was long. It was y/n. I smiled as I watched her dance and sing with the birds and watched as shy animals like deer came out of the trees bravely until the strange sound of scratching and scraping erupted around us causing the animals to flee quickly and her to pull out her duel sword.

A large spider that I was familiar with seeing appeared out of the trees, she swiftly sliced the bottom blade of her weapon through its head as more started to arrive. Realising that it was becoming a burden I pulled out my bow, placed an arrow in and then carefully aimed to the spider creeping up behind her.

As she turned around, I released my arrow and watched her nod to me as the spider dropped to the ground. I jumped out of my cover and helped her eliminate the rest of the creatures.

"Welcome back, are you feeling better?" She asked as she pulled out my arrows from the spiders skulls and gave them back to me. I nodded in thanks.

"Yes thank you, what happened? I thought I was dying..." I asked curiously as I cleaned the metal of the arrow and placed it back in my quiver.

"Oh. I just replaced the dark magic in you with light. It just replenished your energy and healed you," she said, shrugging before putting out the fire, pulling down the canopy and wrapping it up back into her bag which she then sling over her shoulder.

"No matter how you feel, we must move. This isn't the first time they've come here and I'm sure it won't be the last," she said firmly before turning and walking away. I followed closely behind.

"What do you mean, isn't the first time? How long was I sleeping?" I asked intrigued. She looked at me with a mischievous glint.

"Oh you know, only 3 years," she was looking at me seriously before laughing at my slightly shocked reaction, "just a day and a half. Don't worry, you didn't miss much."

I nodded in approval before we continued our trek through the forest.

°🍃°
2 hours later_

We finally broke out of the trees and laid down in the lush green grass, our horses both there looking at us happily. I smile before jumping up and walking over to my horse. I patted his mane and watched as y/n fed her horse a ripe red apple, she looked at me before pulling out another two apples and threw both at me.

"You need to eat, and so does he. We'll rest for a bit before journeying again. We need all the energy we can get," she said. She has a lot of authority for someone who had little to no power all her life.

Maybe just her survival instincts. I don't know. I shrugged to myself earning a weird side glance from her. I smiled awkwardly before starting to eat my apple. It was fresh and delicious.