33

I was walking through the trees, a arrow trained on my back just in case.

"For security, just in case," Conrad told me. He just seems like a snob, I sigh to myself before breaking through the trees. Everyone turned to look at me.

"I..have company," I tell them as Conrad and his group walk into the camp site, pushing me forward with the butt of his sword Conrad started talking.

"I'm Conrad, head warrior of Rotml. You have entered our lands without permission. Now tell me, who are you?" His human language was fluent and flawless as he glared at everyone. Mirulan reaches forward and pulled me behind him.

"I am Prince Mirulan, these are my siblings. Samuli, Castiel, Laron, Vanes, Karla and y/n. This is Legolas, son of Lord Thranduil of Mirkwood," Mirulan introduced us all while standing protectively in front of us.

I stepped around him, he protested at first but I just gave him a nod saying 'it's ok'.

"Where's the proof?" One of Conrad's soldiers asked, humour lacing his tone. I just smile and pull the collar of my shirt down so they could see my collar bone.

"This is a wound I got during the battle that took place her on mine and my twin sisters birthday. I was attacked by a Uruk-Hai. Everyone within this kingdom would also be wise to recognise the birthmark on my right hand," I say, letting go of my shirt and pulling the bandage on my right hand off revealing the birthmark, "it's in the shape of a sword. Only one other person has this..."

"The king..." Conrad finishes my sentence and then kneels down, the men behind him following his lead.

"Good to know we're on the same terms," I say before rewrapping my hand and fixing my shirt.

"Stand up," Samuli ordered the men, they stood up and watched us as we huddled together.

"I don't think we should trust them," Laron said bluntly, peering behind us at the soldiers.

"They could take us to the kingdom," Castiel argued.

"I can always kill them if they do anything fishy," I said with a poker face.

"How many elves have you killed exactly?" Vanes asked me, slightly worried.

"Oh elves, none. But Uruk-hai's. I've killed many. They just think they can roam around here freely. It annoys me," I sigh before turning around and facing the soldiers, "then it's settled. You will take us to Rotml, do anything that could indicate threat or any assassination of any kind, you won't be living for much longer."

I saw them all gulp nervously, Conrad not allowing his smirk to waver.

"I agree to your terms, but first. How can we trust you? How do we know you aren't going to kill us on the first opening?"

"You don't. You'll just have to try trust us," I say before picking up my bag, Shadow quickly leaping to my side as I whistle for h/n.

"Shall we?" I ask as h/n trots up to me. Conrad nods and whistles as well.

Many horses emerge out of the trees and everyone mounts them until only my group were on the ground. I pick shadow up and lie him across h/n then jump up in front of him. The others also jumped up, Legolas joining me.

"I feel like something might happen," he leaned over and whispered. I nodded in agreement. I had an inside feeling about this elf and his group, but there was nothing we could do.

We started riding through the trees. Deer peaking out to see what the noise was before running away quickly. It took a while until we reached a cave by the side of the mountain.